In Game XMB to debut as soon as June 10th?

Gouken

Anyone can find fault in any game. Halo sucks because it's unoriginal. Bioshock sucks because it's too dark and not enough plasmids. Mass Effect sucks because the loading times are horrible. GTA sucks because it has drunk driving in it.

See, I can point out things I don't like about games too. Doesn't mean all aren't great games. Well except Halo. That just really didn't do it for me.

What's your point.. ?

And why can't I use that word? Xbot.

I just asked you not to.

Why? Because it makes you seem the biggest fanboy here.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlackKnight, I call a truce. I admit the 360 in itself is a great gaming console. It's got power, a great online service, and enough games to go against any competitor.

That being said, I still have my gripes with the company, but not the console. Actually, I have never hated any console released (except the virtual boy), just the stupid decisions companies make. I don't like how microsoft rushed the 360 into production. Hell, if they made a better, solid version of the original xbox I would have bought it.

But they didn't, which is why i bought a PS3 because of the possibilities. I know Sony has it's faults, trust me I hate waiting for games, online services, promises to come true. I hate it all. But I chose what i chose and I'll respect your choice as well.

So I'm going to stop being the typical fanboy.

Nuff' said.

Edited by Gouken

A Hardcore gamer holds know vice towards any company. I just happen to be poor and I laugh at Sony's attempts at being a good at PR when it's obvious they need more work. Same goes for MS. At least their PR is midway decent.

Personally I've had PlayStation branded machines for more than the last 10 years. I ignored the 360 for almost 2 years just because I was waiting for the PS3 to pick up its games, drop its price and all that. But it didn't.

I don't hate on the machine so much as I'm disappointed with it. I'd love to play MGS4 and Tekken 6 and I'd love Sony to do something to help convince me to buy the thing. That's why it annoys me everytime its complex innards result in a game being delayed or running worse than on the 360, and everytime something like Home or the XMB gets talked up when its still playing catchup in terms of functionality.

So yeh I'm platform agnostic and would like to own both. The problem is whenever one of these topics comes up, it is just so much easier to take the 360's side- right now it is just wiping the floor with the PS3 in every regard. Let's see if that changes in the next 3 months.

Personally I've had PlayStation branded machines for more than the last 10 years. I ignored the 360 for almost 2 years just because I was waiting for the PS3 to pick up its games, drop its price and all that. But it didn't.

I don't hate on the machine so much as I'm disappointed with it. I'd love to play MGS4 and Tekken 6 and I'd love Sony to do something to help convince me to buy the thing. That's why it annoys me everytime its complex innards result in a game being delayed or running worse than on the 360, and everytime something like Home or the XMB gets talked up when its still playing catchup in terms of functionality.

So yeh I'm platform agnostic and would like to own both. The problem is whenever one of these topics comes up, it is just so much easier to take the 360's side- right now it is just wiping the floor with the PS3 in every regard. Let's see if that changes in the next 3 months.

It'll take more than 3 months I think. Sure Sony's online is getting better, but MGS4 is the only blockbuster until years end. And I'm pretty sure all the games coming out at the end of this year a non-PS3 gamer won't be interested in.

When the Final Fantasy's come out and maybe Killzone 2, maybe, then I think the PS3 will pick up some steam.

I meant to say 6 months but MGS4 is really all that's that big. Is FFXIII even coming this year in English? GT5 is another good one but that's not a 2008 title either. Also I dunno how or why they hype Killzone 2 up when Killzone 1 was such a bomb.

That said, the 360 doesn't have any AAA exclusives left this year either does it?

I meant to say 6 months but MGS4 is really all that's that big. Is FFXIII even coming this year in English? GT5 is another good one but that's not a 2008 title either. Also I dunno how or why they hype Killzone 2 up when Killzone 1 was such a bomb.

That said, the 360 doesn't have any AAA exclusives left this year either does it?

Umm, Fable 2. The first one got high praise so I would expect it from the second one as well. I know there are more, like Halo Wars, but most are new IP's starting.

PS3 has Resistance 2 at the end of the year. Which is touted to take great advantage of the PS3's capability to stream textures instead of load everything in RAM. I loved the first one, but as I stated previously, unless you have a PS3 and played it, it's not a big deal to you.

FFXIII is something of an enigma. I really can't tell you when it's supposed to come out. I hear Squenix wants a worldwide release, then I hear they aren't doing that. I know Vs. XIII is definitely coming out in 2009 as opposed to 2008.

There is also the problem of PS3's list of games that are hit or miss (Thus far, until the release of MGS4). Only a few titles are the on the "must have" lists (This list is more or less MGS4 + FF13's core title, not any of it's spin-offs, the majority of gamers seem to want those 2 more so then any other title). Even if Resistance 2 possible use of streaming data instead of loading everything to ram (How the hell is that gonna happen? Considering a PS3's blu-ray drive is only 2x, while those of us with Blu-Ray players will see an increase in drive speed while those on PS3s will most likely be stuck on 2x blu-ray drives for years to come), the first title, while it made some people's top 10 lists, it still too alot of flack for being too generic and boring on setting, and not offering anything unique in terms of gameplay. Which is, as many people know, a difficult formula to get in FPS games. I do agree that the setting, levels and everything else is generic and not very inspiring. For the life of me, CANNOT get into Resistance at all. I'm a heavy FPS nut as well, and I cannot get into Resistance. As much as I love the idea of WW2 cut short because of an alien invasion as it reminds me alot of some books I've read previously. Dream on paper, but fails at reality (Reality being the game).