PS3 about to be haxed NEWS TONIGHT!

sammaz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was discussing the next-gen consoles, how they would be and stuff with some friends. We all seem to aggree that the next wave of games would be the last for all 3 systems, or at least the last wave to attempt to sell consoles.

I really wonder if these systems will last longer than the 6th generation systems did.

Gamecube 2001-2007

Xbox 2001-2007

Playstation 2 2000-Present

It is unfair to consider the Gamecube and Xbox spans as long as that. Sure games are still produced for them, but the systems themselves died off a lot earlier.

That in mind, there is no way the current gen machines will last as long as the PS2. The market is just not as conducive to that kind of dominance as it was in the PS2's prime. However...

I was discussing the next-gen consoles, how they would be and stuff with some friends. We all seem to aggree that the next wave of games would be the last for all 3 systems, or at least the last wave to attempt to sell consoles.

..the next wave of titles will certainly not be the last for any of the current systems. Nor will it be the second or even third last.

It won't be the last to sell consoles either. Given current prices, there are still demographics that will need conquering after the MGS4s and GoW2s of this year have gone by. Early Wii adopters looking for a 'real' console will be one, and another will no doubt be those casuals who get taken in by the Rock Band / Singstar DLC-based platforms and need to decide on a console over that. MS and Sony will be fighting to sell systems to these people for years to come.

Especially with the Blu-Ray thing sorted, tech specs and graphic whore games will become less important than what each system's networks can offer. A game that isn't a fee based MMO but that can still offer a continuous, evolving experience will no doubt shift boxes when whatever the killer app in that department is gets released.

The 360 is no where near able to run homebrew. The PS3, however, can do it out of the box. Sony gave us what we wanted right away, only they gimped it. Custom firmware will come, if not then the OS feature will be exploited to the point where we can at least run DC games.

I would like to Saturn if a exploit comes around to use full capabilities this is would be good.

The 360 is no where near able to run homebrew. The PS3, however, can do it out of the box. Sony gave us what we wanted right away, only they gimped it. Custom firmware will come, if not then the OS feature will be exploited to the point where we can at least run DC games.

I would like to Saturn if a exploit comes around to use full capabilities this is would be good.

I'm with you. I'd love saturn on the PS3, it's been a long time and my mod chip broke a year ago. Thing is, not a single emulator can run a saturn game correctly. I haven't been updated in a while, but I'm pretty sure this still stands in the emulation community.

What would really be awesome is if sony allowed saturn games to be played on the PS3 via an emulator, and sell saturn games on the PSN.