Nintendo Wii Virtual Console games just ROMS and HTML files?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulation's everybody and a big thanks to all diggers who dugg our story up to the main page and in the TOP 10 under gaming news for today. :)

Our server was down for a few hours, but a big thanks goes out to Sdcofer and Miskie who kept the server alive and hanging through these tough seas. The Digg Effect is definitely hard to withstand, but I think we're holding up quite well so far.

Check out the story: http://digg.com/nintendo/Nintendo_Wii_Virt..._and_HTML_files

EDIT: Wow, we're now in the TOP 10 on digg.com front page. Thank you once again to all who dugg. Keep on digging! :D

Why is it that the rom shows up on emus as a bad checksum?

Maybe Nintendo has made some adjustments to the ROM, and the new CRC values don't match the emulator's internal checks. Maybe.

Besides the games imagine that we could make our own channels with home brew apps to play videos in different codecs, music, keep track of many things on the net like blogs and so on and all without mod chips. :D it would be rocking.

Also I'm sure Nintendo expected this. But to be truthful how many people really have the knowledge or time to transfer the games, make the hack for their wii, and so on. To many US consumers 5 bucks is worth not having to do it. I think Nintendo expects that laziness will keep the VC going :) Hacking hasn't killed the psp at all, its more like the other way around, psp sales have been well since people knew what they could do with it.

Edited by Tynvar

Besides the games imagine that we could make our own channels with home brew apps to play videos in different codecs, music, keep track of many things on the net like blogs and so on and all without mod chips. :) it would be rocking.

That would be worth all the trouble, Making my own channels on the wii would be the best :D