Playing PSX back up on PS2, memory card exploit style

2eyez

If you're running HDLoader or HDAdvance with the memory card exploit, it's very easy. After you boot up your PS2 with the memory card exploit with original PSX game (only way to run HDLoader and HDAdvance), simply go back to the PS2 Browser and swap (slide card or flip top) the original PSX game with a PSX back up and play. No need for Breaker Pro. I tried this method and it works. I'm playing Xenogears with no problems at all, just remember to burn at 4x.

If you're running HDLoader or HDAdvance with the memory card exploit, it's very easy. After you boot up your PS2 with the memory card exploit with original PSX game (only way to run HDLoader and HDAdvance), simply go back to the PS2 Browser and swap (slide card or flip top) the original PSX game with a PSX back up and play. No need for Breaker Pro. I tried this method and it works. I'm playing Xenogears with no problems at all, just remember to burn at 4x.

I thought this method only works with certain PS2 models? :(

I thought this method only works with certain PS2 models? :(

It does, AFAIK only certain fat models. Also IIRC it only works with games from your own region, hence the need for the Breaker Pro for imports.

So I must be one of the lucky ones, cool

It works on mine and I think mine is a v7 (PAL). But it's pretty much useless for me as 95% of the games I would want to play are NTSC-J and I have no Breaker Pro. Not to worry though as I can play almost all them via PCSXbox :(

It works on mine and I think mine is a v7 (PAL). But it's pretty much useless for me as 95% of the games I would want to play are NTSC-J and I have no Breaker Pro. Not to worry though as I can play almost all them via PCSXbox :(

What games have worked perfectly for you with PCSXbox? How does Final Fantasy 7 and Tekken 3 work on it? :)

What games have worked perfectly for you with PCSXbox? How does Final Fantasy 7 and Tekken 3 work on it? :)

FF7 I have barely played but it runs almost flawlessly. Tekken 3 I haven't played since I owned the original way back when.

I have played FF7 all the way through without any noticeable problems. I think I used PCSXbox v13 at that time, because there are higher versions out today.

How about sudden slowdowns? I noticed that sometimes games freeze every now and then for a few seconds, while I'm using SurrealXXX.

I have played FF7 all the way through without any noticeable problems. I think I used PCSXbox v13 at that time, because there are higher versions out today.

How about sudden slowdowns? I noticed that sometimes games freeze every now and then for a few seconds, while I'm using SurrealXXX.

Like PCSXbox, there are several versions of Surreal, some allowing better compatibility with certain games than other versions. Also sometimes it is necessary to tweak the settings for a number of games, not to mention choosing which of the 3 in-built engines best suit the game you are trying to launch.

Incomplete Surreal compatibility list from XS