For the first person to be working on a new version of FBA-XXX

Gentlemen,

Recently I did see few people interested in work on a new version

of FBA-XXX Pro. I was eagerly waiting for the 1.29 version announced

in other topic but it looks like it is completely dead.

Well, so please lets post here are some stuff to be noted

by the future developers (whoever they could be) for the new

FBA-XXX works:

- Hi-Scores saving feature! Currently FBA-XXX Pro does not save our high scores

- A FIX for the Coin button change option in settings (it really does not work)

- A FIX for Shinobi game, it freezes whenever we use Ninja Magic during gameplay

Friends, any other ideas?

Regards,

:punk:

Cospefogo.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a shooter that came out for the neogeo,2 years ago called last hope.I dont know if its been dumped yet,but that would be worth adding to FBA,if it has been dumped.

A new update to 1.29 would be great news,lets hope it happens.

i wonder if Djohng is still about?

he did some great work on fba,back in the day and of course +T+ work on fba goes without saying.i always looked forward to an fbaxxx pro update.

im looking forward to seeing what ideas BS has in line for fba,should be good.

Edited by fumanchu

- A FIX for Shinobi game, it freezes whenever we use Ninja Magic during gameplay

This was a core issue with FBA at the time of v1.28. A core update will fix it providing it works in the latest PC build.

i like BP's idea of having all the games in one listing. also having the best version of each game like coinops does would cut down on clutter.

Did +T+ not say that collating all the menus into one was already possible by going into the UI settings?

As for the 'best' version, that's entirely up to you. It is a lot harder with CPS and NeoGeo romsets because of the massive amount of bootlegs for SF, KOF etc etc. You can go in and simply delete the clones yourself, only keeping the ones you want.

Personally I think the idea of removing support for games (particularly working games) from any emulator is ridiculous. The user always has the option to remove 'clutter' from their own ROMsets by simply deleting the ROMs they do not wish to play.

And yes, FBA-XXX can already display all games in a single list. :)

Recently I did see few people interested in work on a new version

of FBA-XXX Pro. I was eagerly waiting for the 1.29 version announced

in other topic but it looks like it is completely dead.

This is completely alive. The reason why i haven't release this version is a bug with the Sega games who are

protected with the FD1094 encryption.

To be more specific, these games boot on a black screen without crashing the Xbox. I past the last weeks to fix it without success <_<

For the moment, here is the things who have been done:

- CPS1/ CPS2 games matches the last MAME version ( still need to rename some sets to perfectly match MAME 0.124u1 :o ). It means of course that CPS2 games use real CPS2 decryption (without XOR).

Curiously, CPS2 decryption is very fast on Xbox :punk::punk: ( loading time never exceeds teen seconds! :blink: ). Games are 60 FPS stable!

This drivers were taken on Neosource, thanks a lot to iq_ 132 :thumbsup1: , i just add this driver clean-up to FBAxxx Pro with modified a very few things. He did all the work :thumbsup1:

- Added all Sega drivers from FBA ( only missed the recent system1 drivers and the sound improvements from last FBA release). excepted the FD1094 problem, all works well, a signifiant numbers of games are playable ! it's real a pleasure to play Shinobi, Altered Beast for example on Xbox ;)

- Added a lot of drivers from FBA in "others" section, i will post the dat as possible ( currently i'm not at home).

- some new options in UI. Now you can switch between previews, flyers and PCB's picture, and small other things.

Due to real life stuff and a problem with my internet connection ( someone broke it), my work became very slow. Moreover, i have to say that i start to learn programming at university since September 2007, and now i realize that it's very difficult for me to fix problems like FD1094.

Being a non english speaker is another difficulty, reading technical documentation is sometimes a pain in the ass, i appreciate my dictionnary :lol:

It would be pretty cool if someone can take a look on this or help, because on the one hand, releasing a version with about 100 games that don't boot sucks :ph34r: , on the other hand almost off the others games work pretty well :thumbsup1:

I hope i spoke properly and everyone understood what i said lol.

PS: if anyone wants to send me a message, i'm available until tomorrow afternoon, after that i have to wait until my connection be functionnal, don't worry if i don't reply immediatly ;)