XBOX Live vs. Firmware Flash

Alpha

XBOX Live vs. Firmware Flash  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

u get nothing but nothing, microsoft gives pts for beating certain things in games its so stupid.i wouldnt mind if u did get prizes or something

Its not all bad. You don't play games to win prizes or anything unless you're heaps pro but the Gamerscore does give you a way to show off to your friends if you manage to do somethng really cool in game.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just use achievements to show what I've done.

The score really doesn't matter a whole lot since some games have easy 200 point achievements and others have really hard 10 point ones. If it was more even it would prolly be worth the time to get them all.

if your firmware is flashed,would it still be detected if you were just using xbox-live for downloads?would you still get the ban-hammer?

i got my xbox 360 flashed with the latest i-xtreme,havent gone online yet,i have got a couple of originals to play online with,dont know if i would chance back-ups though.

as i said, it is better if you play online using originals. I don't think Microsoft is that advanced to be able to detect the iXtreme.

I'm trying to vote both but until I get my second 360 I would have to say firmware flash. If I able to get my hand on a second 360, it would be xb live machine(unmodded) to play IdolM@ster and quite some other games (cod4, but no gaylo3 overrated poo). Besides I'm too busy with life that I don't find much time to play all my consoles let alone playing live on the 360. Let's not forget I have too many on both the wii and the 360 offline to keep me for a long long time.

I didn't read anyone elses posts because I need to start homework, but heres my 2 cents.

All the good online games on 360 are on PC, where they are played better, play them there. Xbox Live multiplayer is completley ruined by stupid little kids screaming into their mics and talking about dicks and eating sh1t and taking it up the arse. Not to mention the constant technical issues. The networking aspect of the 360 is the biggest piece of garbage I've ever seen, it can't do anything right, prepare for lag and all kinds of BS. I don't understand why people put up with it and think its okay. It won't even detect my PC which is on the same router just because that router isn't the main router of the network, The modded Xbox does it fine!

All the content downloads like movies/music videos are also easily obtained on PC, free or otherwise.

The arcade games are pirate-able last I heard, not that they are really that great considering most of them consist of crappy flash puzzle games. Or games you could play somewhere else for free.

As long as you don't have a burned disc in/running while your on live, you will not get detected/banned. Just unplug the network when your playing a burned game if your that worried. I think you have to do some stealth patch thing to your games too.

Keep checking for firmware updates/news about them, as long as you stay up to date, you probably won't get banned.

If you do get banned, They ban your console, and thats IT, NOT your IP address, NOT your credit/user info, NOT even your Live Account. If they do and you want it back, get another 360 from the store, rip its info, trade it for your consoles info, and return it, new purchaser flocked, but who gives a crap they can just return it and get another one if the store even bothers to put it back on the shelf.

Your probably going to end up with that gay ass drive that needs that chip to unlock it, so its not going to be free. (My friend is doing his and he has one of those drives, he expects ME to do all this micro soldering/heat gun melting bullshit, well flock that, his console is an elite thats probably around a year old though)

I have Live, but I'm never really on it, its complete garbage when your used to playing online PC games. I will not put up with all the half-assed bullshit aspects about it. Lag/Drops/Host Advantages/Can't see actual Pings/network connection troubles/device detection troubles/random unexplainable things/the list goes on forever. Again, it blows my mind that people put up with it and think its okay.

If you do get banned, They ban your console, and thats IT, NOT your IP address, NOT your credit/user info, NOT even your Live Account. If they do and you want it back, get another 360 from the store, rip its info, trade it for your consoles info, and return it, new purchaser flocked, but who gives a crap they can just return it and get another one if the store even bothers to put it back on the shelf.

Your probably going to end up with that gay ass drive that needs that chip to unlock it, so its not going to be free. (My friend is doing his and he has one of those drives, he expects ME to do all this micro soldering/heat gun melting bullshit, well flock that, his console is an elite thats probably around a year old though)

I'm glad that's the case and that Microsoft only bans the console itself. As for the "gay ass drive" that needs a chip to unlock it, are you talking about the Hitachi-LG/Toshiba-Samsung drive? If so, nowadays, the BenQ drive is the most common and flashable with no soldering, etc. needed. All you have to have is a compatible motherboard on your computer, sata cable, and some other little stuff to connect the drive with. :unsure:

Take a look at: http://www.360drives.com/list ... you can see there is a overwhelming amount of people reporting a BenQ drive with their new Falcon 360.

EDIT:

The arcade games are pirate-able last I heard, not that they are really that great considering most of them consist of crappy flash puzzle games. Or games you could play somewhere else for free.

Can anyone confirm this? I've never read that was possible before. Not that I'd want to pirate the games, but I thought they were encoded like Wii Virtual Console games, which I have bought quite a few. :(

I can confirm Arcade games ARE piratable and available here. i just don't bother to buy them :P The only Arcade games i want from live! is SF2HD, Alien Homicid and Lumines Live only.

And you can tell me how and where to get them? :naughty::P

I can confirm Arcade games ARE piratable and available here. i just don't bother to buy them :P The only Arcade games i want from live! is SF2HD, Alien Homicid and Lumines Live only.

You sure these are not the "Arcade Unplugged" disc releases from Microsoft that are being pirated? :P

You sure these are not the "Arcade Unplugged" disc releases from Microsoft that are being pirated? :P

Hmmm, you might be right. let me find out by this week. Let me know what games are in this Unplugged disc