Graphics Card Issues

Gouken

Im going out to get a new graphics card seeing as Im sick and tired of :unsure: games lagging with my Geforce 2. I think Im gonna stay with the Nvidia line though. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me on getting a new one...where I should buy it, what is the best one, you know...things like that. Cheap, yes I am. I dont have that much to spend on a new graphics card so please keep that in mind.

I was looking at the Asylum FX 5600 256 MB DDR cards. If anyone can find a cheap place for me to buy one of those or something better then that, tell me. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I bought a Graphics card.

BFG Asylum Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 Ultra 128 MB DDR

I think Im having a problem with it. I was just recently playing Halo (PC of course) and I started smelling something coming from my computer. I was really worried so I opened it up and it was coming from my graphics card. The card was warm and the fan on it was going so I don't know what to do now. Am I overreacting or should I worry?

Maybe because it's new its working it's self in.

Remember your card has things moving at the speed of light inside it.

I would however get a second opinion i would mail NIVIDIA themselfs.

Thank you. I kinda figured it out though. In nvidia controls there is a temperature setting so I can see how hot my card is. It seems it was just working itself in and that it's in no danger of overheating.

keep checking on it just to be safe, nothing worse than a new graphics card termanating it's self.

Play a game or an emulator for half an hour or more then quit out and check the tempreture that way you can see what its up to when you are giving it some stick.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another problem..

The GF FX line cards have really heat problems, only the GF FX 5900 Ultra doesn´t have that problem..

You could however saved more cash if you bought a GeForce 4 Ti.

It even gets better results in some benchmarks than GF FX 5600...

And how many fans do you have in your case?