Mortal Kombat 3 Mame Cab Built From Scratch

Recently happened upon this forum and thought I'd share my recent build of my first Mame cab. Thanks for looking.

Here is a link to some pics of the build process along with a video of the same thing.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/ze...%203/?start=all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hTpQWLXkdc

Day12.jpg

Day43.jpg

100_4160.jpg

100_4159.jpg

Day73.jpg

Edited by MK3Fan

it's a sexy box.

You even got the stickers and everything.

I wish I wasn't lazy to finish my h2h cab.

nice! someday when I get out of apartment living I'm gonna build a mame cab.

That really must be some hard work though, I am really wondering how much all of the equipment costs in that project.

When all was said and done, I spent around $3000. But, I had the money and I have wanted an MK3 machine for 13 years now. Not only do I have one, but it has 10,000 other games on it too. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Nice looking cab. mate.....what are the spec's on the computer you have in there ??..and does it run most of the games you play at the correct speed ??

The only games that do not run correctly are the 3-D games, but there currently is no version of Mame that I know of that will run them. Such as MK4, NFL Blitz, Carnevil, Soul Caliber, games like those. I have all the CHD's and the games, but they are choppy and slow. I understand that it's Mame causing the problem and not my hardware due to other forums I have visited and no one really can get them to work. This is all based on what I know of only. There could be solutions out there that I am not aware of. I don't ever really play the games that don't run, so It's really no big deal to me. Every other game is perfect. Most people have problems with the Killer Instinct roms, but they run great on my machine. I am using Ver .99

My specs are...

AMD 2800+ 1.8 ghz chip with 1GB of ram. Figured that was all I needed and it turned out great. Thanks for the kind words.

Edited by MK3Fan