SvC Chaos News

Gouken

The SVC Sites Server is dead slow right now. So I think I'm gonna have to upload the stuff tomorrow. Sorry about this everyone. Today has just been a very hectic day for me and it's hard to keep up. Were also going to have negotiate server bandwith costs, you people are using a lot more bandwith than this place first was accumulating (it sky-rocketed is what I'm trying to say). ;)  :) 

i think a good thing to do is to remove the older stuff ( this will lower the bandwith as most people are downloading all the files even tho they do not need all of them ).......

...and only keep the latest updates meaning the three files i sent plus the driver and nothing else and maybe close it down for awhile i think some of the bandwith is comming from arcade@home now i am sure i should of only told people VIA the u2u :) this was my thoughts were allready there are many leechers out there :)

Edited by james

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so has there been a fix for Zero's voice yet too? was the M1 fix supposed to have fixed that problem too? i got the M1 fix that took care of demitri, but it doesnt seem to have worked on geese's voice though also.....

I'm using that Nebula emu off of svcnebula.cjb.net

anyone get Zero's voice to work?

Has anyone else got this weird problem, running the kawaks svckawaksFIX version (nothing patched). I can't execute any moves involving hcb or hcf. The game simply does nothing when I try to do moves involving this motion =/ Works fine in kof 2k etc, just to check if my fingers are weird, but they aren't =/ I even entere practice mode and tried to do mr. karate's Shouran Kyaku (hcb + k) and Haou Shikou Ken (f, hcf + p) over and over, on both left and right, but nothing! weird! ;)

Alright, however James you did not answer my question on how to implement the Cheat file to use the last bosses for the mame version of the game. So, basically I download this file:

-Updated Cheats File After Patch

Then after this, where do I put this text file? Do I just slip it into the zipped up rom directory, or do I have to do something more with this?

Also, if possible, is there a way to use the bosses in the kawaks version of SVC?

Many Thanks.

Alright, however James you did not answer my question on how to implement the Cheat file to use the last bosses for the mame version of the game. So, basically I download this file:

Then after this, where do I put this text file? Do I just slip it into the zipped up rom directory, or do I have to do something more with this?

Also, if possible, is there a way to use the bosses in the kawaks version of SVC?

Many Thanks.

you copy this into the cheat dat within mame folder

; [ SNK versus Capcom Chaos Plus / bootleg ]

svcplus:0:10A239:E0:000:Infinite Energy PL1

svcplus:0:10A239:70:000:Infinite Energy (Red) PL1

svcplus:0:10A1E8:63:000:Always Max Power PL1

svcplus:0:10A1E9:FF:500:Always Max Power PL1

svcplus:0:10A21D:20:500:Always Max Power PL1

svcplus:0:1000A4:01:000:Infinite Exceed PL1

svcplus:0:10A247:70:000:Infinite Guard PL1

svcplus:0:101353:21:000:Play as Mr.Karate (Super) PL1

svcplus:0:101353:23:000:Play as Shin-Gouki PL1

svcplus:0:101353:0F:000:Play as Princess Athena PL1

svcplus:0:101353:1F:000:Play as Red Arremer PL1

svcplus:0:10A239:00:000:No Energy PL1

svcplus:0:10A1E8:00:000:No Power PL1

svcplus:0:10A1E9:00:500:No Power PL1

svcplus:0:10A247:00:000:No Guard PL1

svcplus:0:10AC15:5B:000:Infinite Time

svcplus:0:10ABDD:08:000:Stage 1 Clear to Ending

svcplus:0:10A4B9:E0:000:Infinite Energy PL2

svcplus:0:10A4B9:70:000:Infinite Energy (Red) PL2

svcplus:0:10A468:63:000:Always Max Power PL2

svcplus:0:10A469:FF:500:Always Max Power PL2

svcplus:0:10A49D:20:500:Always Max Power PL2

svcplus:0:1000A5:01:000:Infinite Exceed PL2

svcplus:0:10A4C7:70:000:Infinite Guard PL2

svcplus:0:1015D3:21:000:Play as Mr.Karate (Super) PL2

svcplus:0:1015D3:23:000:Play as Shin-Gouki PL2

svcplus:0:1015D3:0F:000:Play as Princess Athena PL2

svcplus:0:1015D3:1F:000:Play as Red Arremer PL2

svcplus:0:10A4B9:00:000:No Energy PL2

svcplus:0:10A468:00:000:No Power PL2

svcplus:0:10A469:00:500:No Power PL2

svcplus:0:10A4C7:00:000:No Guard PL2

Many Thanks.

James is right

Thats how you do it, but if you dont understand what he means just do it like this..

Take your current MAME Cheat dat... it should look like this

cheat.dat use windows to rename this to cheat.txt

then "copy" the SVC cheats and "paste" it in your cheat text file.....

I recommend keeping the cheats in ABC order......

once you finish pasting the SVC text rename you MAME cheat file back to.dat

example: cheat.dat

looks like alot of work, but its not just do this run the game and enable the cheats..

Good to GO!

Well first makesure you set your rom directories properly.

And second the filesize for the rom is 40.1MB

The filename should and is: svcplus.zip ;)

okay, I'm new to this whole rom and emulator thing. I actually did it just to play this game. And it's not working. I downloaded the svckawaksFIX emulator and it works with all the other games i have BUT svc.

when I downloaded it from this website, it turns out to be about 27,394 KB according to my WinXP. you say it's supposed to be 40.1 MB, and i'm wondering what I'm doing wrong for this not to work. all the "SVC Chaos" roms have the title svcplus.zip, but they don't work. I have them in the.\Roms directory of my Kawaks emulator, and I scan for it all the time, but it never picks it up.

Once again, i'm new to this whole thing, so bare with me for now please. thanks

edit: i'm getting it from a friend off IRC, this'll probly get it to work

Edited by Angel-Jin

Well first makesure you set your rom directories properly.

And second the filesize for the rom is 40.1MB

The filename should and is: svcplus.zip ;)

okay, I'm new to this whole rom and emulator thing. I actually did it just to play this game. And it's not working. I downloaded the svckawaksFIX emulator and it works with all the other games i have BUT svc.

when I downloaded it from this website, it turns out to be about 27,394 KB according to my WinXP. you say it's supposed to be 40.1 MB, and i'm wondering what I'm doing wrong for this not to work. all the "SVC Chaos" roms have the title svcplus.zip, but they don't work. I have them in the.\Roms directory of my Kawaks emulator, and I scan for it all the time, but it never picks it up.

Once again, i'm new to this whole thing, so bare with me for now please. thanks

You have a incomplete down. That is one of problems with IE and the server's hosting sVc Chaos. Just download the rom again and makesure it's filesize in Windows XP is 40.1MB, not less or more (more can only be if you downloaded it from a link that was not provided here).

MaxBebop;

I understand the process outlined, however I don't have a "Cheats.dat" file at all. However, would it be ok to just make a cheats.dat with the information posted by James? Now I've already done this, yet where in James' version of mame do I select to enable the cheat options?

Again. Thanks.