Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Buy or burn?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you get your games?

How do you get your games?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Gouken

Gouken

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:Gaming; Computers; Technophile
Click to view battle stats
Burn baby BURN!

I buy games when I see fit. I mainly just buy Square games....takes to long to download.

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,450 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
I don't burn that many stuff to be honest. Most of the good stuff I have, I bought. Other than that I don't really think now of days it's worth it to buy softs, they are way too over priced. For example.. Macromedia Dreamweaver: $400?!?!? Not that many people have that kind of money, so they are basically asking for people to pirate it. ;)

poekie

poekie

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts
I buy and burn, most of the games I burned I play for 1 hour tops. I burn just to be able to say, "Yeah, I have that game" It's all pure greed :lol:

ME!

ME!

I Hate You

• Premium Members
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:Don't ask! I dont want to freak you out.

For example.. Macromedia Dreamweaver: $400?!?!? Not that many people have that kind of money, so they are basically asking for people to pirate it. :lol:

i totally agree with you there. autocad, office xp pro, and the adobe line of softwares, can be added to the list of ones i have downloaded with no real intention of buying. thats only because they are sooooo over priced.

ken_cinder

ken_cinder

Cyborg Admin

• User Admin
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:Everything

I don't burn that many stuff to be honest. Most of the good stuff I have, I bought. Other than that I don't really think now of days it's worth it to buy softs, they are way too over priced. For example.. Macromedia Dreamweaver: $400?!?!? Not that many people have that kind of money, so they are basically asking for people to pirate it. :lol:

I agree too.
I don't have the $800 for a student liscenced copy of 3D Studio Max (Let alone the cost in the thousands for a normal copy)
So I download.
Applications are crazily priced these days, and they are certainly begging for them to be pirated.

DreamCastLover

DreamCastLover

ĐR€ĹMÇŧT ]v[ŘD

• Premium Members
  • 891 posts

For example.. Macromedia Dreamweaver: $400?!?!? Not that many people have that kind of money, so they are basically asking for people to pirate it. :lol:

i totally agree with you there. autocad, office xp pro, and the adobe line of softwares, can be added to the list of ones i have downloaded with no real intention of buying. thats only because they are sooooo over priced.

To be fair though, there are freeware/shareware and cheaper alternatives to all of these programs.

Photoshop - GIMP
Office XP - Star Office
3D Studio Max - Maya (there is a free version for non commercial use)

But I do agree that they are usually really overpriced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users