Woman Says She Found Tooth in Can of Soup

Alpha

SALT LAKE CITY - A woman who says she found a human tooth in a can of Campbell's soup has filed a lawsuit against the company.

Tina Keeney, of West Jordan, had just heated up a can of chicken noodle soup and given some of it to her 13-month-old son.

While she was cleaning up, she noticed the boy had a hard, white object in his hand.

"It's gross enough as it is to find something in your food anyway, but to have it be a human tooth that was in someone else's mouth is just sickening," Keeney said.

She called Campbell Soup Co. headquarters in Camden, New Jersey to complain. Keeney said the person she spoke to was polite, if a little skeptical, asking if the object could actually be a chicken bone.

"I said, 'I'm not a dentist, but it looks like a molar to me,' " she said.

Campbell Soup Co. offered to cover the cost of the soup — plus a little extra. They also wanted her to mail in the tooth.

Keeney went to a lawyer instead.

Since that July afternoon last year, attorney Daniel Irvin has had the object tested by a pathologist, who confirmed it is indeed a human molar, likely from a 13-year-old mouth. The expert noted the tooth, actually half a tooth, appeared to have been cut in some kind of manufacturing process, Irvin said.

Additional tests ruled out that the tooth belonged to anyone in the Keeney family, including her older daughters.

Irvin said he has spoken numerous times to officials at Campbell Soup Co. about settling the matter. They were unable to reach an agreement, and Irvin this week filed a civil lawsuit against the company in Utah's 3rd District Court.

The suit asks for unspecified damages on behalf of Keeney and her son.

"Here's a woman who can't eat soup, her family can't eat soup. And to be honest with you, I haven't eaten soup since this happened," Irvin said.

A message left for a company spokesman was not immediately returned on Thursday.

Credits: http://Yahoo.com

Now thats disgusting! :lol:

Post here the interesting things you have found in your food. :D

Some of you Americans will sue for ANYTHING won't you?

I hope her case get's thrown out of court.

Wasn't that long ago that some stunned b*tch sued McDonald's for millions, because she spilt her hot coffee on herself and the cup didn't have a warning label.

I know of ALOT of other cases in the US like the aforementioned, so I "could" go on if needed.

IMO your civil law system in the US well, SUCKS.

I watch US TV channels alot, and 1 in every 5 commercials is from a law firm advertising to help "accident" victims file a law suit.

I think it's disgusting how easy it is to sue ANYONE for ANYTHING in the US. :D

I'm glad I don't live in the US, and I never will.

i once found a bone in a can of cambell's chicken noodle soup. i almost choaked on it, too. should have sued the bastards. :D

i actually had a dream about a week ago, where i found a rat or mouse in a can of soda. it was pretty nasty. you can bet i sued those sobs. too bad it was just a dream. :lol:

McDs got sued in UK too some idiot bit into apple pie and the filling squirted out the other end onto his censor - reckoned he had to have plastic surgery

what was it doing hanging out of his pants? :D