linux or windows

loay

with os you use and wish one you like  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Linux but it's really only good for people who want to run servers or something in my opinion. As for Windows, you can't beat it, everything works for it. I personally use Windows and sometimes Linux. I only use linux just to play around with it, haven't really done anything with it yet. Something that Microsoft can do is make their own Linux software, now that would be smart if they wanted too.

Linux is good because it's far more stable than windows and doesn't have all the bloat.

Windows however, has much better compatability for most of the things I do and the Linux alternatives just don't cut it (eg GIMP is nowhere near as good as Photoshop)

For the average computer owner Linux is also not user friendly enough and installing it can be quite a challenge for someone new to it.

Anyone wanting to try out linux for the first time should download Knoppix. It can just run off the CD-ROM and is pretty easy to use :D

Linux is GREAT, I used to run Mandrake and/or SuSe on my boxes.

However, for gaming in all forms it's pretty much useless.

Anything network and file oriented running Linux, beats the hell outta Windows, but Windows rules in every other aspect.

It's just a matter of what your needs are.