ummm Independence exploit?

i recently heard of the independence exploit for the ps2. i thought i was pretty knowledgeable about computer stuff till i read the instructions on how to exploit tha ps2. made me realize how little i know. anybody ever gotten their ps2 exploited and can offer me some help?

im not sure if this folder was the right place for this. if its not my bad... im new here lol

All the files you need are easily enough found. sksapps.com has a lot of useful stuff. You will need a way to get the exploit to Memory card though. IIRC you need Action Replay Max Evo or a loan of a friend's Swap Magic.

Yup, basically the part usually everyone gets stumped at ist he part when they have to get the files onto the memory card. As previously said, someone with Action Replay MAX, swap discs or mod chip should be able to do it for you.

I have an AR Max that I bought to do mine, what I've always wondered though is if it's possible to swap trick a backup AR Max in somehow to copy your files for the exploit.

I've not tried doing any sort of timed swap on my PS2 like you could do with the PS1, is it possible? I know you'd need to pop the top on your PS2's drive, but that aside......

yeah it is, you have to build this weird custom cover for the drive out of the one thats already on it, it seems like too much work to be worth it. I think it only works on older models too, But i know ive read about it somewhere.

personally I would just pick up some swap discs, they are pretty cheap now, and should be good enough for playing all your backups, emulation on the PS2 is meh, especially when you have a modded xbox sitting right next to it.

either that or pick up HDAdvance or whatever the latest version is called and put a hard drive in there.