100 quid for a graphics card.

emsley

http://www.ultimate-gamer.com/halflife2/hl2.htm

Ok i am basecly buying a new card to coincide with the new half game [halo as well and of course doom 3]

But i cant distinguish crap in the world of graphics cards i think iwould prefer nividia.

If you check the first link you will see the requirments.

Now here are two web sites with were i will be buying them from.

http://security.cclcomputers.co.uk/acatalo...tml&CatalogBody

Just click on system componeants and click graphics cards...

Which would you get within my price range?

Also here is a another good site.

http://www.lightcomputers.com/brands/liteon.htm

I am such a smeg when it comes to cards i will be of to get one this weekend.

So anyone reccomend? :(

The best sub 100 card is

MSI FX5200 TD128

it can cope with DX9 up to a resolution of 1280x1024 and absolutely kicks the equivalent Radeons butt (it has equal performance to Ti 4800). Finally the best part is the price only 62 of your finest English quids.

Im aving one as soon as I got the spare wad

Just in case you cant find it, others that are close are

Leadtek A340TDH

£76

Chaintek AG8X2

£91

Info comes courtesy of this months PCFormat

Thanks for that tash.

What do you rekon to this demon of a card?

256Mb XFX Geforce FX 5600 VIVO it is however 128 pound.

I will be selling my current card [herculkes 64 meg] to my m8 for 20 quid.

I sure i can find an extra 20 somewere.

sounds exactly like a Leadtek board reviewed at £150, good value for VIVO but games performance is not the best.

The MSI board comes in much better at gaming, in UT2003 (the only direct comparison) it beat the VIVO card by 48.51 frames to 22.26

However the review also points out that theres still no indication of which boards will run HL2 best

So I guess it comes down to do you want VIVO?

Dam im not sure :(

That MSI card your on about defently sounds funky MSI are indeed a quality make thats what my motherboard is.

Graphics cards are such a ahrd choice.

I mailed CCL computers i got a card that was said to run half life 2 how its ment to be run and sent theinfo there way [ccl] asking whats the closest you got to it.

Well i can defently say i have 2 cardson my list. so were getting there. :P

The best sub 100 card is

MSI FX5200 TD128

it can cope with DX9 up to a resolution of 1280x1024 and absolutely kicks the equivalent Radeons butt (it has equal performance to Ti 4800). Finally the best part is the price only 62 of your finest English quids.

Im aving one as soon as I got the spare wad

Just in case you cant find it, others that are close are

Leadtek A340TDH

£76

Chaintek AG8X2

£91

Info comes courtesy of this months PCFormat

That FX 5200 card was the exact card I was going to come in here and recommend. I just got it and it's great value for the money. It should also be decent enough to cope with Doom III and Half Life 2 at reasonable graphics settings :lol:

Well your twisting my arm a little now.

So i htink i may get one then if i have any problems at leat i know you two will have a good idea whats up.

MSI card comes with pro customer support hairytash and dreamcast lover WHAT A DEAL!!!

That FX 5200 card was the exact card I was going to come in here and recommend. I just got it and it's great value for the money. It should also be decent enough to cope with Doom III and Half Life 2 at reasonable graphics settings 

I have the GeForce FX 5200 as well. It also came with the Ghost Recon pc game for free. I havn't used that much, but I used it on WWE Raw for PC and it worked great. (everything was on the max settings) Some people though say the ATI Radeon 9200 is better than it. However from my tests on the FX 5200 that it's probabally gonna be a little sluggish with Half Life 2. I really don't see it going full speed. But we will find out when it's released. Also Half Life 2 will be the new benchmark for games, so expect to see all the reviews coming from it from now instead of Unreal Tournament. They also say the GeForce 4 MX is better than the GeForce FX 5200. Many people said nVidia just piled the budget FX cards with a bunch of crap. The 9800 the is very good, if you have the money. I am still sceptical about the FX 5200, I still need to test more.