Gamespy...

emsley

What do you think of the place?

I know a couple of my Games always try and load gamespy up but i think the dam place is a God dam rip of places like that are locking the net up! :(

I mean i joined up to download a patch for counterstrike and all the servers were full [it put me in a cue were i had to wait 30 minutes]

Or I could join up for a fee and have instant acess to download the things i want

Uncanny eh?

Bah!

That isn't Gamespy (Well they are both owned by the same company) but Fileplanet, and I'm sick of Fileplanets disgusting wait times too.

It's easy to get the filename while waiting and do a search to find it elsewhere though (Google, yahoo w/e).

If you can't you're stuck waiting for it. Like Planetside's 7 day trial..........it's only available from fileplanet, and I waited 2 and a half hours before my download even started when I got it.

I agree the queues can get abysmal but if you can get there in the morning (GMT) then its usually quiet.

On a similar note That other one Metripoliglobal or whatever its called (mamefans and elportal) though is great I paid for the fast download with a text message 500mb at top speed (72kbps dl for me) is great especially if you fancy a laserdisc or a larger saturn game

I found it to be a pain to download tiny little ROMs for early consoles. An ordinary page image takes more k than these ROMs, but there's the stupid wait anyway. It would take less bandwidth to just send the ROMs than send me images while I wait.

I had considered paying but I got so ticked at some point that I decided they weren't going to get my money.

I hardly ever used Fileplanet Unless for Mame32k And that usually has no lines at all :lol:

As for patches and stuff, I usually can find them at a clan's website or so :lol:

PS: If you using stream 2.0 for CS 1.6, don't bother, its laggy as heck :D