win2ds on r4 revolution ds

vistaboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First of all, yes I am a newbie, and, I am probably asking stupid questions, but just PLEASE answer them.

First of all: is the normal IP of a laptop start with the numbers 192? Does the regularity of 192 being in ip addresses apply to laptops?

Second of all: is the ip shown in the wireless connection status my computer's ip? Or is it something else?

Third of all:

When you want to edit the settings of the connection, where can I find these IPs? Is it safe to assume that my wireless router ip is right? And, when you said v2, is that 0.2 or 2.0?

Please answer!

As far as the IP goes it sounds like your network is behind a NAT network which automatically designates an IP address for each computer with either 192 or 172 as the first numbers (mine all start with 172 but I can set my router to use 192 if I wanted to). In a NAT network everyone on the internet sees the same IP address no matter what computer you use but hackers cannot access your computer directly using this IP address because it is not the actual IP address of your computer. Your IP address can change depending on where you are connecting at and what you are connection with. My laptop gets a different IP address on wifi then it does when I connect it directly to the LAN. The IP address has nothing to do with what type of computer you are using as the router is unable to determine this because every device connected to it communicates in the same way (or at least it should anyway).

hey if u want to find the ip adresses of all your network adapters follow these instructions.

press start, click run, type in cmd, click ok, a command window will appear.

in the window type ipconfig/all to show all ip addresses

hope this helps you

p.s does anyone know how to configure dshobro 0.3 on a linksys wag54gs router?

• 4 weeks later...