Megaman Legends 2

I don't remember having any problems with it. Are you using ePSXe + Eternal SPU 1.50beta?

About the controls, did you try the analog ones or the digital ones?

I was using ePSXe and no i dont have that plug-in.

So i went and downloaded psX and it worked fine. Except that i had to use the D-Pad to move and it looked really bad. Not bad as in graphical errors but it looked like the game had a blur effect to it kinda-sorta.

Then i went to the ePSXe page to see if i could find that plug-in and apparently i had a REALLY outdated ePSXe (1.2.0 :) ) So i got 1.6.0 and it works fine.

One more thing. What configurations give you the best performance. a Screenshot would be good.

EDIT: Well the Sound didnt fix up 100%. Everything except the Cutscenes are good. But with psX they were fine.

Edited by GoRDoOnE

Ok now i got some other stuff going on here. On ePSXe, the game plays Flawlessly, but on bossfights it i get the "ePSXe has encountered a Problem and has to close" message. So in order to get past this part, i switch to psX, but psX gives me Both Graphical and Sound issues. The Sound is all broken up and as for the graphics, here is a Screenshot of how it looks on ePSXe(bottem) and psX(top), in this pic it may not look that bad, but its annoying while you play.

MMl2.jpg

here are the Configs for psX

psx.jpg

And for ePSXe 1.6.0:

Video: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76 (Settings or on 'Nice')

Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2. (everything is checked on)

CD-ROM: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2. (Untouched)

Edited by GoRDoOnE

I don't see graphical issues in the pSX picture. The blurring happens because Direct3D adds bilinear filtering (bilinear interpolation; uncheck that option) to the software-rendered image.

I don't see graphical issues in the pSX picture. The blurring happens because Direct3D adds bilinear filtering (bilinear interpolation; uncheck that option) to the software-rendered image.

I Unchecked it and It made it Worst. You can see the Pixils but now without the Blur.

Edited by GoRDoOnE

I Unchecked it and It made it Worst. You can see the Pixils but now without the Blur.

and that's how it's supposed to look like without Bilinear Interpolation. We're talking about software renderring here, not Direct3D or an OpenGL renderers like the ones ePSXe (and other plugin-based PSX emulators) uses. So there is no hardware acceleration nor anti-aliasing of any kind, aside from the few DirectX stuff used fro bilinear interpolation, for example. pSX tries to emulate the Playstation as accurately as possible, starting from the graphics. Graphics will never look the same on a monitor than on a TV screen either.

Software rendering will look cruder, especially when pSX most likely uses a resolution native to the original PSX (from 256x224 to 640x480 depending on the game; lower resolutions are also most likely upscaled by your graphics card if you monitor does not support resolutions

Also the problem you are having with ePSXe have to do with your graphics hardware not being up to par with what is generally needed to get fully supported graphics emulation, and while it might work seemingly flawlessly until you get to a boss fight, something obviously craps out when the emulator tries to do something graphics-wise that your graphics hardware cannot handle. many emulated PSX games exhibit such errors because the PSX graphics routines aren't the the most simplistic ones.

Updating your graphics card drivers probably wouldn't hurt either.

and that's how it's supposed to look like without Bilinear Interpolation. We're talking about software renderring here, not Direct3D or an OpenGL renderers like the ones ePSXe (and other plugin-based PSX emulators) uses. So there is no hardware acceleration nor anti-aliasing of any kind, aside from the few DirectX stuff used fro bilinear interpolation, for example. pSX tries to emulate the Playstation as accurately as possible, starting from the graphics. Graphics will never look the same on a monitor than on a TV screen either.

Software rendering will look cruder, especially when pSX most likely uses a resolution native to the original PSX (from 256x224 to 640x480 depending on the game; lower resolutions are also most likely upscaled by your graphics card if you monitor does not support resolutions < 640x480).

Also the problem you are having with ePSXe have to do with your graphics hardware not being up to par with what is generally needed to get fully supported graphics emulation, and while it might work seemingly flawlessly until you get to a boss fight, something obviously craps out when the emulator tries to do something graphics-wise that your graphics hardware cannot handle. many emulated PSX games exhibit such errors because the PSX graphics routines aren't the the most simplistic ones.

Updating your graphics card drivers probably wouldn't hurt either.

I have a Good Graphics Card PNY Nvidia Geforce 7300 GS and ePSXe used to run nicely on my Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 so im not sure if its my Graphics Card. im gonna check for updates to my Graphics card.