What the flock is this?

I think the ads here are getting slightly out of hand, and by slightly i mean completely out of control. What is this a torrent site? I dont have a problem with ads, but as soon as that full page one showed up, and all those stupid annoying mouseover windows, i became really annoyed really fast. I can't help but think its only a matter of time because i start seeing ones with sound (OMG!!! NO WAYYY!! FREE AVATARS!!!) and those pop under ads (YOUVE BEEN SELECTED TO WIN A FREE APPLE IPOD, OR THIS TV, OR THIS DVD PLAYER, OR THIS PC, OR THIS - You know the ad, the one that just keeps flocking talking untill you close it)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Sh...edog/WTF_AD.png

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Sh...dog/WTF_AD2.png

I don't see any ads on 1emu at all. Or that underlined stuff.

Sure your pc hasn't caught a cold?

Well, there is one banner for PlayAsia at the bottom of the screen. But that's all!

hmm, well a second scan is still running (Spybot Search and Destroy found nothing, ad-aware is now running) But i figured something out thats pretty weird

The ads appear in firefox, They do not appear in IE, and they do not appear in Opera. and the only thing i have installed for firefox is that alternate skin, no other plugins or anything (although i tweaked some settings)

I also tried changing the board skin and they are still there.

UPDATE: Scan finished, still nothing :/ weird- and i cant get it to appear on any other site

There is nothing wrong with your computer!

1Emulation is signed up with AdBrite advertising. I guess finally the system started to kick in today. I just changed a few settings around so you shouldn't see the interstitial ads anymore.

For the people who don't see the AdBrite ads -- their firewall or adblocker has disabled them.

We need the money from the ad clicks to pay for the servers since we can't get anybody to donate.

I just tested with Firefox 2.0.0.3 and it looks the same as IE - except it also killed the PlayAsia advert.

Like I said, if you don't see the adverts -- it must be your firewall or something that has ad-blocking turned on.

I'd say you are right - although I don't have an adblocker, the combination of "hosts"-file entries, and firewall protection does the trick.

I figured that was so.