Need a free program that'll disconnect me when someone calls

Or something like that. Disconnect, tell me, let them leave a message, whatever. I know there has to be something. I'm still looking on google but they all seem to be trials and then you pay. Anyone have any recomendations? Thanks. :wink:

Hmm.. have you tried CallWave?

It won't disconnect you, but its a internet answering machine.

Basically when the phone is busy, people just call the callwave #, then your #, and they can leave a message on your pc for you to get off the pc.

Its free, and its damn easy. http://callwave.com

you have to call your phone company and enable Callwave with them. I used it for a long time and it was very convenient. It has caller ID and you can leave 30 second messages. But why dont you just go broadband? It goes for $30 a month now. DSL was the best thing to ever happen to my computer. Now I wait 10 seconds for a 1 mb download instead of 5 minutes. Great for downloading music, videos, and roms especially.

Or something like that.  Disconnect, tell me, let them leave a message, whatever.

also, wouldnt you hate it if you were in the middle of a download and someone called and disconnected you, and you had to start all over? DSL, its the way to go.

Don't tell me the wonders of broadband :wink: I just recently lost mine, hence the need for the call thing. They boosted the price to $50, and if we got out early there was a $200 contract breaking fee or something, so when the contract renewal thing came up we quit ^_^. Money's getting tight so i need a free one, and it said callwave was only a trial. It sounds pretty good though...