Playing gba roms with flash card

The only thing you need is the flash cart and the linker to connect to your computer and write the roms to the cartridge. So all you need is the flash cart and the linker and they usually come together :lol:

The 64M set you posted has everything you need to use GBA roms. I would recommend getting at least 128M though because there are some good games that are that size now (eg Doom II, Golden Sun: Lost Age, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Sonic Advance 2 etc)

The bridge is a different thing. The bridge lets you use Gameboy Color and Gameboy mono roms on your GBA with a flash cart. They are pretty cheap though so you can always get a bridge and a linker. It's not 100% necessary though as there are a couple of Gameboy emulators being made for the GBA already.

If you need to know anymore then just ask as I'm quite into the GBA scene at the moment :cry:

• 1 month later...

Hey! forget about the brige thing, dont buy it, just do a search on www.google.com for "gb convert gba" you'll be able to find a program that can convert GB games to GBA Format,

also

SmS to GBA also possible with a converter

and "snes to GBA" is NOT TRUE

that's that

Hey! forget about the brige thing, dont buy it, just do a search on www.google.com for "gb convert gba"  you'll be able to find a program that can convert GB games to GBA Format,

also

SmS to GBA also possible with a converter

and "snes to GBA" is NOT TRUE

that's that

Are you sure it's conversion and not using the various emulators around?

I know pogoshell has plugins of Dr SMS and PocketNES(emulators) for sms and nes but I didn't know there was a gb to gba convertor out there.

The reason I say this is because it would have to be emulation as the GBA contains two different chipsets; the GBA and the GB one. The GB chipset is triggered by a switch hit when you plug in old cartridges or when you use the bridge. That is why you can't just stick GB roms on a normal flashcart and get them to run without the bridge.

If the convertor works though then I need to use it!

If it is emulation then it will be pretty slow as both the curret GB emulators for the GBA are pretty slow at the moment.

Either way I will give it a try :D