Buyer's Guide: NDS Flashcards

Mooney

I've had an r4ds for almost a year with no complaints.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so as it stands right now the r4 sounds like the best slot-1 to go for, i was thinking of getting a ez-flash 5 but will check the prices now.

just a quick question regarding gba compatibility of the slot2 devices, does m3 or ez-flash families have better gba compatibility?

that sounds right on, although I have only been able to find the m3 slot 1 with rumble gba cart so far where I am right now. In fact some shop owners have looked border-line insulted that I waS asking for a gba flashcart considering the number of legit gba carts they had for sale. the crackdown on r4 I read about overhere is looking realistic as they are all trying to sell the TTds slot-1 card.

• 1 month later...
What's a trustworthy site to order an M3DS Real package from? I'm not sure what the rumble cart is, but I definitely want the GBA cart with it.

The rumble cart is a cartridge that goes in the GBA slot that a few DS games use to produce a rumble effect (How's that for pointing out the obvious? :shootem: ), just like a rumble pack for N64.

As for a trustworthy site, I guess I'd say Gameyeeeah, DealExtreme, or Divineo, since Jandaman doesn't seem to have it.

• 4 weeks later...

So I ended up buying it from DealExtreme, it's still en route, though. I have a question about the Slot-2 device. From the way it's shaped, it looks like it'll only fit into a DS Lite. I don't have a problem with buying a DS Lite, it means I can give my old DS to someone, but I sort of need to know if it'll fit.

So I ended up buying it from DealExtreme, it's still en route, though. I have a question about the Slot-2 device. From the way it's shaped, it looks like it'll only fit into a DS Lite. I don't have a problem with buying a DS Lite, it means I can give my old DS to someone, but I sort of need to know if it'll fit.

I'll assume your question was about whether the slot-2 device is for Lite only? :P

Yes, the slot-2 device included with the M3 DS Real is for DS Lites only. It will not fit in an old, fat DS.

I'll assume your question was about whether the slot-2 device is for Lite only? :huh:

Yes, the slot-2 device included with the M3 DS Real is for DS Lites only. It will not fit in an old, fat DS.

That was my question, yes. I thought it was pretty clear, but thanks for answering, regardless.

• 6 months later...

the best place to get a cyclods evolution is probably realhotstuff.com.

I made an account on realhotstuff and payed with visa card.

i ordered it february 18th and i got it at 9:47 AM on February 23, 2009.

it was free shipping too

it took 5 days

it was shipped from new jersey to washington state

and cyclods evo is really good because

it can play commercial roms and

it has cheat codes and

it has a real time save function and

it has a wide game compatibility and

it can use different skins and

it can play dpg video and

it can play a wide range of audio formats and

it comes with a usb card reader and

it has auto dldi patching and

it is stylus and dpad operated and

it has an in-game text reader and

it has a wide array of languages to choose from. more than the ds lite has and

it supports download play and

it comes with a cheat managing program and a rom trimmer and

it has an in-game slow motion feature and

it can return to main menu anytime even during applications or gameplay and

it has an in-game brightness control (ds lite only) and

it is compatible with action replay codes and

it supports micro SDHC cards (biggest is 16GB i think) and

it doesn't require any pc software and

it supports Wii connectivity and

it includes 2 MB of onboard flash so the firmware can be updated and

it can automatically boot the last ROM or homebrew booted and

it has a recovery mode and

it comes with moonshell and

it has a passme function (which means you can boot something from slot 2) and

it comes in a cool metal case that sort of looks like a mint tin and

it supports rumble packs and memory expansions (like the opera browser uses).

not really good because:

it has a usb card reader that can potentially fry your micro SD card (happened to me before) i recommend a micro sd to sd adapter and a big clunky multi card usb reader with a long cord and costs more than $15. that one works nice. nice and reliable and

it cant boot gba files directly from slot 1 (nothing can) and

it's micro SD slot makes it hard to pull the micro SD out (with 32 GB, who needs to take it out?) and

it only supports clean roms (don't know what the heck that means) and

it is expensive ($50 US) and

it cant play all video types (like mpg, avi, wmv, mov, etc) and

it is not available in stores (not many flash carts are).

I found:

27 :-)

6 ;)

so it is 81.81r% :-)

and it is 18.18r% ;)

(r means repeating cause i cant effectively put a bar over the numbers)

also, somebody better make a gba emulator for the dsi 'cause it ain't got no slot 2.

finally we have a reason to boot gba roms from slot 1!

dont buy games n music. sucks. it just sucks. i used to have one. believe me it sucks.

does the cyclods support nds roms that have been trimmed by tokyo trimmer? it sais cyclods supports only clean roms.

Edited by endoplasmic reticulum