aa! which pc to buy now

Renzor

i was going to get a new computer because my old one sucked. so my first choice was the AMD athalon 64 x2 2.20ghz 4200 1gb ram gateway

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=1885

but then my brother told me gateways werent good pcs so i keep looking and i found a core 2 duo which i heard is great 1.86 ghz

and then i thought of buying this pc

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2404

or this one

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2404

they practically he same except one has 256 VRAM and the other one has 350 HDD space i think the cybertron has a crappy motherboard and the venture looks good, the reason im getting a 1.86 ghz its because its the only one i can afford, and the AMDs i can find are all gateways. im looking in tiger direct and i cant seem to find anything perfect im basically looking for a good gaming pc i have like 700 bucks i just need to keep it under 1000$. any suggestions on a good pc ??

My opinion would be to go custom if you are skilled with computer hardware or know someone who is. It can save you plenty of money plus you can get exactly what you want. I haven't had a pre-made computer in a long time. If you do decide to go custom though, you might wanna look for things in bundles in certain situations like a processor that comes with a motherboard (both that you are looking for, this can be rare but can save you lots of money).

i was thinking about that i wanted to custom make one but i dont really know alot about custom making one and i dont know what to go with core 2 duo 1.86 ghz or AMD athalon 2.20 ill try and see if i can find a good bundle

Skilled? A retarded half-blind monkey can build a computer these days. Everything is color-coded, insert-1-way-because-it's-slotted, easy as f**k to install now.

There's NO point in buying a pre-built machine anymore. You can get 2x the hardware, for 50% the cost by building it yourself. And like I said, a retarded half-blind monkey can do it.

hes right, Dell sells PCs for 3000 dollars you could build yourself for around 1000

If you really have to buy one though get the cybertron or whatever.

or you could give me a budget price, tell me what hardware you already have lying around (You can save ALOT of money this way) and ill pick some parts out for you

i didnt look too much on those offers.

In general: You need that TV card crap ? If not, dont pay for it.

You have a Win license allready ? If so, dont pay for another one.

You have a digi cam and other stuff ? If not, why you need to pay for a 9in1 cardreader that slows your system down with all these additional drivers you need to install ?

Need more HDD space ? Then buy a 2nd HDD. Its cheap and should not be something to decide upon.

If i had to chose between these 3, id go with

CybertronPC - Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 / 1GB PC5400 (667MHz) DDR2 / 160GB SATA II / Dual Layer DVD±RW / Asus nVidia 7300GT 256MB Video Card / 10/100 LAN / NO OS / Black X-Plorer Gaming PC with Speakers

nevermind im just going to make my own im getting an amd athalon fx 2.60 ghz a Asus A8N 32-SLI-Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / SLI Ready / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / Dual RAID mobo aa bfg 512 gddr3 geforce dual 1 gig cards

congrats on making your own choice

just making sure you're quite aware that core 2 duo chips are the fastest on the market right now, so if you're looking for the best, that's what you want.

otherwise good choice, did you look into opterons at all?