Sequels To Games We'd like to see

Diso

Let's face it, there are a ton of great PC games out there that never got much in the way of sequel love. In today's over-saturated market of World War II clones, there are bound to be a few great gems from the past that we can revive. Back in the day, consoles didn't have much power, so the cross-platform market just wasn't there. That definitely isn't the case today. The potential customer base is massive.

Some of the rights to the games listed below are owned by dead publishers; others by publishers who just wanted them dead. Here are some games that need to make a comeback!

Link

Credits: Slashdot

There are a lot of games on there that I would have liked to seen have a sequel such as starcraft and Shogo. I thought it was pretty interesting seeing Descent on there; I used to love those games. I personally would have loved to see another Phantasy Star Game (Not The Phantasy Star Universe and Online).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have liked to see another Starcraft game as well and was kinda disappointed that Ghost was canceled. Other than that I would have liked to have seen the third of the Chrono series but apparently that was canceled as well :thumbsup1: Speaking of canceled games, I am also pissed that SiN Episodes was canceled after only one episode. What a waste of time and money.

Since Eidos's Looking Glass and Ion Storm closed, new games like a Thief 4 or Deus Ex 3 might have to wait or never come. The same thing with Troika and Bloodlines.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention Gain Ground

Megaman Legends 3

Another Metal Slug(2D)

Megaman X9(2D)

Mario Cart(Wii)

Marvel Vs Capcon 3

Dragonball Z Budokai 4 - Not Tenkaichi

Super Mario - They keep making Marios with a whole bunch of addition shyt like the water guage. I want another 3d Mario just like Mario 64 but with like more Powers instead of other things that change it up too much

Einhander

I would like to see:

Starcraft 2

Another Diablo

Another Red Alert game

A good Starfox sequel

Another Quake 3-like sequel (not Quake Wars)

Street Fighter IV

Dawn of War 2

Dead Rising 2 would also be nice

Mechwarrior 5

I would like to see:

Starcraft 2

Another Diablo

Another Red Alert game

A good Starfox sequel

Another Quake 3-like sequel (not Quake Wars)

Street Fighter IV

Dawn of War 2

Dead Rising 2 would also be nice

Mechwarrior 5

Ah yes it was shortsighted to get so caught up in Diablo III. Its still at the top of my list, but I would also desperately love a new Red Alert or Street Fighter. Starcraft 2 certainly wouldnt go unnoticed by me either.