Games And Film

It will be interesting to see what the Crazy Taxi movie is like. I always thought it was just going to be an English version of the french movie trilogy "Taxi" but they are remaking that with QUEEN LATIFAH as the title role......mm yes ok.

The new Tomb Raider movie might be ok but to be honest, anything with Angelina Jolie in it is ok by me :lol:

There are also other movies like House of the Dead and Tekken coming out.

I just think video games make crap material for movies. I mean most games have next to no plot, its just about having fun. How you can stretch an arcade type game into a 2 hour movie is beyond me and is mainly why it has never worked so far IMO. I suppose you could use RPGs but lets be honest, they all have the same plot pretty much and you would have to squeeze around 20 hours into 2!

To sum up, movies don't seem to make good games and games dont' seem to make good movies.

I just think video games make crap material for movies. I mean most games have next to no plot, its just about having fun. How you can stretch an arcade type game into a 2 hour movie is beyond me and is mainly why it has never worked so far IMO. I suppose you could use RPGs but lets be honest, they all have the same plot pretty much and you would have to squeeze around 20 hours into 2!

Ah you dont have squeeze all of the rpg into 2 hour.

You can do

Final Fantasy VII, DISK 1 - See how cloud knows his true self

Final Fantasy VII, Disk 2 - Watch them get giant Materia

Final Fantasy VII, Disk 3 - Watch them kill Sephroroth YAH!

lol

They already had a tekken movie out. It was all in anime/manga. It was b ased on Tekken 2 and It wasn't that bad.

Ah you dont have squeeze all of the rpg into 2 hour.

You can do

Final Fantasy VII, DISK 1 - See how cloud knows his true self

Final Fantasy VII, Disk 2 - Watch them get giant Materia

Final Fantasy VII, Disk 3 - Watch them kill Sephroroth YAH!

lol

They already had a tekken movie out. It was all in anime/manga. It was b ased on Tekken 2 and It wasn't that bad.

:lol: true. I don't think it could compete with Lord of the Rings though :lol:

And yeah I have seen the anime tekken movie. It was pretty decent. So was the Streetfighter anime. It's just the live action ones that are no good.