Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Whats the oldest Emulator?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

hairytash

hairytash

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 199 posts
Click to view battle stats
Like I say, whats the oldest emu? I remember using a spectrum emu on Amiga way back in 94, I think it was ZXAm. Anyone know anything earlier?

nicknicknickandnick

nicknicknickandnick

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 153 posts
If you count hardware, you could get an Atari emulator for ColecoVision in the 1980s. There may have been other hardware emulators too.

DreamCastLover

DreamCastLover

ĐR€ĹMÇŧT ]v[ŘD

• Premium Members
  • 891 posts
I know there were emulators back in the really early 80s. I can't remember which ones though :lol:

It would be cool if there was a page with the history of emulation or something like that.

ken_cinder

ken_cinder

Cyborg Admin

• User Admin
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:Everything
I had emulators for my early Atari systems that ran music formats not native to those platforms.
If they are considered Emu's or not is beyond me.........but one would think so, because of the fact that at the time.......things were not cross-platform like they are with todays PC's.

loay

loay

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 214 posts

It would be cool if there was a page with the history of emulation or something like that.

ther is but i cant remember wher but mapy its clasic game site (i dont remeber the url but i will find it )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users