512M PC2700

7200RPM HDD

Nvidia 5900 Ultra

to:

2.13Ghz Core 2 Duo

2G DDR2 800

Raid-0 WD Raptor Drives

Nvidia 7900GTX

Ikaruga used to play slow, and get laggy... I just got ChanKast on my new PC and played Ikaruga and the game is at like... warp speed. I can't even get to the first chapter title with a clean pass it's so fast. I've looked through the options and searched the forums, to no avail. Many people complain games run too slow, mine is moving way too fast. Ikaruga is coming off of the media drive which isn't fast, so I can basically eliminate that... maybe ChanKast (or just ikaruga?) have problems with dual core, or the CPU is too fast for it (no speed limitations, gamespeed was just as fast as a CPU could output it?) I've tried different resolutions to slow it down (up to 1280x1024) and it still runs really fast. I've compared it to videos of people playing and it's probably about double-speed (music is normal speed, but gets very out of synch because gameplay is so fast)

Edit: If it's any indication, I get 100-115FPS at the title and introduction screens, and roughly 80FPS while ingame. I've underclocked to 50% to get 55-60FPS but it bursts when things are killed and new ones come on screen and sometimes when there are stationary ships that rotate around one another. As you can imagine it's difficult to play if you're going from 55FPS to 120FPS with shrapnel coming your way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Xeron

Just wanted to post saying I've fixed this and would like to offer the solution to anyone who comes across this problem. Simply turn vsync on and you'll be all set (for nvidia users you will find this in your nvidia control panel, sorry ATI users, can't help you)

Hope this helps someone down the road, happy gaming :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

trying running fraps in the background :lol: lol....

Or more practically read this:

Q: Some games are running too fast! Is there a way to make them run slower?

A: Yes! To make the games run at 60fps (which is their normal speed) do the following:

Right click to your desktop and click "properties". This will open the Display Properties. From there click the "settings" tab and then click "advanced". This will open a new window. From there choose the "Monitor" tab, set the "monitor refresh rate" to 60 Hertz and then click "Apply".

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1: If you have ever changed the settings of your video card drivers you may also need to enable the "wait for Vertical Sync" option from the drivers configuration of your video card.

2: This works only in Fullscreen mode.

Edited by Urquan2x