Yes, King of Fighters XI IS playable on PCSX2!

Either Zip or RAR the entire image or leave it uncompressed. Most PCSX2 CD/DVD plugins work with both. Preferably in a known CD/DVD image format or the the ELF.

Expect that your machine can't give you "reasonable" framerates, depending on what your definition of reasonable is. I don't use PCSX2 so I'm not the one to ask for detailed instructions.

The rough outline is:

1. Mke sure you have a graphics plugin for PCSX2. Configure the GPU plugin if need be.

2. Same with the Audio, Controller plugins, etc.

3. Make sure you have a valid PS2 BIOS that's in the Bios folder. Make sure you select the BIOS when you go through the configuration window.

4. Configure the CD/DVD plugin to work with the image you have.

5. Run the emulator, hope for the best.

OK...so if I leave the game uncompressed how do I open the game? It's in 43 "pieces" so wouldn't I have to zip it regardless? Also, how do I turn it into an image format? Do you mean something like .nrg?

Edited by blob2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CD image is compressed and split into multiple archives. Get WinRAR and open the first archive with it. Extract the contents (the actual CD image I assume) to a folder and subsequent volumes (the other split archives) will follow suit automatically.

It would help if you'd tell me what file(s) the first part contains exactly.

The CD image is compressed and split into multiple archives. Get WinRAR and open the first archive with it. Extract the contents (the actual CD image I assume) to a folder and subsequent volumes (the other split archives) will follow suit automatically.

I'll let you know after I get home from work. Thanks for your help so far.

I'll let you know after I get home from work. Thanks for your help so far.

Alright I extracted the ISO and mounted it on VirtualDaemon. I also configured the BIOS directory in PCSX2 to point to the right folder. What do I do next? I have to convert it to .elf or another format, correct? Because when I try to play the game I get "error loading C:\emulators\pcsx2\kof11-gant.iso." I also get "error opening CDVD plugin."

Edited by blob2

I get the sense that using PCSX2 is not easy, so if you could provide very clear instructions, start to finish, for playing the game I would be extremely grateful.

No, it's actually quite easy! It only took me TWO tries to get it working! ;) The most important part AFTER getting the correct files would be to configure PCSX2 correctly.

I suspect you may have a corrupt BIOS. What are the sizes and names of your BIOS file(s)? :naughty:

Here's my bios:

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal (4 MB)

rom1 (195 kb)

schp10000 (4 MB)

scph39001 (4 MB)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200 (4 MB)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.EROM (3 MB)

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.MEC (4 bytes)

scph39001.MEC (4 bytes)

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.NVM (1 kb)

scph10000.NVM (1 kb)

scph39001.NVM (1 kb)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.NVM (1 kb)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM1 (512 kb)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM2 (512 kb)

Thing is, I'm actually getting past the BIOS part of this. Now I can't load the ISO, probably because it's in the wrong format.

Here's my bios:

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal (4 MB)

rom1 (195 kb)

schp10000 (4 MB)

scph39001 (4 MB)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200 (4 MB)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.EROM (3 MB)

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.MEC (4 bytes)

scph39001.MEC (4 bytes)

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.NVM (1 kb)

scph10000.NVM (1 kb)

scph39001.NVM (1 kb)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.NVM (1 kb)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM1 (512 kb)

SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM2 (512 kb)

Thing is, I'm actually getting past the BIOS part of this. Now I can't load the ISO, probably because it's in the wrong format.

I have the files

scph39001 (4 MB)

scph39001.MEC (4 bytes)

scph39001.NVM (1 kb)

in my bios folder.

I think you may be right about that part too.

My kof11-gant.iso is 2.36 GB.

What size is your ISO? :naughty:

Mine is also 2.36. My main question is, what format did you make the .iso to play it? Seems almost obvious that's the main problem.

It's a standard ISO image file. It looks like the problem may be the PCSX2 configuration. Could you give me your PCSX2 configuration here like I did on page 2 of this topic?

Mine is also 2.36. My main question is, what format did you make the .iso to play it? Seems almost obvious that's the main problem.

It's a standard ISO image file. It looks like the problem may be the PCSX2 configuration. Could you give me your PCSX2 configuration here like I did on page 2 of this topic?

Here's my config setup:

Graphics:

**I tried all of these and none of them work, I get various error messages**

First Controller:

SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.6.0

Cdvdrom:

Usb:

USBnull Driver 0.4.0

Sound:

P.E.Op.S. SPU2 D Sound Driver 1.4.0

Second Controller:

SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.6.0

Dev9:

DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

FireWire:

FWnull Driver 0.4.0

Bios:

Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

I even tried your exact setup, but it doesn't work. I get that same error message "Error loading C:\Emulators\PCSX2\kof11-gant.iso" and then I get the error "Error opening CDVD Plugin" afterward.

Edited by blob2

Graphics:

Cdvdrom:

Bios:

Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

I even tried your exact setup, but it doesn't work. I get that same error message "Error loading C:\Emulators\PCSX2\kof11-gant.iso" and then I get the error "Error opening CDVD Plugin" afterward.

That is very interesting; it looks like it may have something to do with the configuration of the graphics or the CDVDROM.

How are you starting PCSX2; are you choosing the standard one or the TLB (non VM)?

Are you choosing File--->Run CD?