Request for Testing (Internet Radio Client)

Grey

I know that I've waited, I've begged, and I've drooled at the thought of this app ever being made. :blink: I don't know if any of you have wanted an Internet Radio Client as much as I have... but here we are. The first working release of Dissonance.

http://people.uleth.ca/~dave.brady/projects.php

I would appreciate it if someone with a fully compatible router can test Dissonance for me. I would also appreciate if word did not spread off of this board for a day or two, until I can get some testing done (so keep it SECRET. I will notify the usual authorities when I get some testing data). On my router, it works for a few minutes, then locks up solid during a recv. I am wondering if it's my router, or something more sinister. So please, give me a hand. :(

Thanks sgstair for the library that makes all this possible.

EDIT: PS: I know the registration process for this forum is a little intense. If you don't want/can't get registered, then please email me at matter.grey@gmail.com

Edited by Grey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Grey, and thanks for showing your project to us. :)

Let us know when you're ready to go public,

and we can make an item on the front-page news,

and also enter it on digg for you.

Thanks. :) Good to feel welcome.

The problem I am having is that recv is called, but then doesn't come back, thus freezing up the ARM9 during playback. It happens at a fairly random time, but usually runs for a couple of minutes before doing so. You wouldn't happen to know why, would you?

Yeah. It does seem to really accelerate the issue when the connection isn't that good. It requests data, doesn't get anything, and rather than returning 0 or -1, it just freezes. Well, I suppose I know the problem... I just need to wait for someone with more knowledge than myself (sgstair?) to tell me what I can do about this.

I had good 1.5 minute of audio on the SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server, the first time I tested it. After this some real strange symptoms became popping up all of a sudden. Ah well.. It seems you're not the only one with these problems. Some info:

Nintendo DS Flashme v7

Tested on GBAMP 256mb CF

6 megabit internet connection

Ralink softap, TX Rate set to auto (11mb when testing the radio)

Hope it helps!

sweet works like a charm here not sure how long it's been playing yet but well over 5 min's still playing ;D got a Passme v7 SCSD 2Gb SD.. Wifi is Asus WGL-167 SoftAP mode ;D

if u want i can capture some wifi data it sends and stuff with Ethereal just give me a pm or msg me on msn.. keep up the great work ;D

edit

was on like 7 mins now it's like 2 mins..

Heres a capture of it open with Ethereal to c it ;D

Download 300Kb

Edited by QazzaQY2K

Maybe you should buffer the data first before playing, I don't really know the problem, but if it is a problem in the transfer (TX rate dropping or s/t), buffering might be a good idea. I will look at the source, tho.

EDIT: I looked at your code and already discovered a buffer function. You could try making the buffer function somewhat more advanced, maybe incorporating the space on a CF-card or something.

I'll do some more test to see what is really the matter :).

Edited by infernoDS

Sorry for another post :).

It seems it is working quite well now for some akward reason... I first thought that it could be problems with the ram of some sort, but that doesn't (I think) seems to be the problem now.

Ah well.. good luck!

Edited by infernoDS