Hacker Trouble

Glad to see this site go back up. I must have clicked on the 1emulation favorites bookmark about 10 times yesterday forgetting that it was still down. Hope there's not many hacking attempts in the near future.

^And yeah. What the hell?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see this site go back up. I must have clicked on the 1emulation favorites bookmark about 10 times yesterday forgetting that it was still down. Hope there's not many hacking attempts in the near future.

^And yeah. What the hell?

I did the same thing :clapping:

Glad everything is back up.

Good work Miskie! (very long time no hear).

And thanks to GameCop for the efforts to get us functional.

thanks, although I dont often post, I do lurk alot -- mainly to make sure all is well.

the changes I made yesterday should keep everything running smoothly - since thrn, there have been several exploit attempts against the server (probably because in hacker communities its now listed as exploitable) and all of these attempts have met with failure.

When I found the exploit used, I not only plugged that, but I plugged many, many others -- some I might have had, others that I didnt -- but I plugged them anyway.

I even plugged windows exploits, even though this is a Linux system (you would be surprised how many hackers try to gain access by attempting to exploit a nonexistant windows directory structure)

along with plugging the exploits, I also blacklisted several known hacker resource sites, several types of tools, several proxy servers, and other bad things.

If any of you use a proxy, it may no longer work -- Sorry, but, 'dem's the breaks' -- either find another or abondon your proxy altogether.

I didnt go as far as Teckel of Arcade@home and ban the Entire Asia Pacific region, but I could If Im pressed into it.

thanks, although I dont often post, I do lurk alot -- mainly to make sure all is well.

the changes I made yesterday should keep everything running smoothly - since thrn, there have been several exploit attempts against the server (probably because in hacker communities its now listed as exploitable) and all of these attempts have met with failure.

When I found the exploit used, I not only plugged that, but I plugged many, many others -- some I might have had, others that I didnt -- but I plugged them anyway.

I even plugged windows exploits, even though this is a Linux system (you would be surprised how many hackers try to gain access by attempting to exploit a nonexistant windows directory structure)

along with plugging the exploits, I also blacklisted several known hacker resource sites, several types of tools, several proxy servers, and other bad things.

If any of you use a proxy, it may no longer work -- Sorry, but, 'dem's the breaks' -- either find another or abondon your proxy altogether.

I didnt go as far as Teckel of Arcade@home and ban the Entire Asia Pacific region, but I could If Im pressed into it.

Thank you for all of that work! It's always nice to know the people in charge do a very thorough job! :clapping:

Wow! :clapping: I kept hearing a wild story about Arcade@home but now I know it is true! :clapping:

Thank you for all of that work! It's always nice to know the people in charge do a very thorough job!  :clapping:

Wow!  :clapping: I kept hearing a wild story about Arcade@home but now I know it is true!  :clapping:

No problem

As for A@H -- I have no problem with Tim Eckel, at all, -- He has zero tolerance for crap, especially hackertypes, and I cant say I blame him. A@H has always been a target, and will continue to be one until it goes dark for the last time.

No problem

As for A@H -- I have no problem with Tim Eckel, at all, -- He has  zero tolerance for crap, especially hackertypes, and I cant say I blame him. A@H has always been a target, and will continue to be one until it goes dark for the last time.

Woah! I just visited A@H and then I saw they said they require you to use Firefox! :clapping: This is the first time I've ever seen a site that REQUIRES you to use something other than IE to visit the site! :clapping:

Does this mean Firefox is the most secure browser? Will you consider a browser requirement like that for this site? :clapping:

Edited by garyoak99

Woah! I just visited A@H and then I saw they said they require you to use Firefox!  :clapping: This is the first time I've ever seen a site that REQUIRES you to use something other than IE to visit the site!  :clapping:

Does this mean Firefox is the most secure browser? Will you consider a browser requirement like that for this site?  :clapping:

Tim is only in it for the money not the security, so he get $1 for each person who downloads firefox with the google bar. I'm glad I downloaded firefox earlier before that happened.

No problem

As for A@H -- I have no problem with Tim Eckel, at all, -- He has  zero tolerance for crap, especially hackertypes, and I cant say I blame him. A@H has always been a target, and will continue to be one until it goes dark for the last time.

Woah! I just visited A@H and then I saw they said they require you to use Firefox! :clapping: This is the first time I've ever seen a site that REQUIRES you to use something other than IE to visit the site! :clapping:

Does this mean Firefox is the most secure browser? Will you consider a browser requirement like that for this site? :clapping:

No -- Unless GC implemets that.. there is no reason to use one browser over another, other than some browsers do not display pages as they were intended to be displayed.

This is the first time I've ever seen a site that REQUIRES you to use something other than IE to visit the site!  :clapping:

R. Bannister does the same, but only on Fridays:

http://www.bannister.org/

Firefox might be more secure atm but this could change rapidly as Firefox is gaining more users. More users attracks more hackers...

Edited by retroK