[10]

Name=P1 Character 3 Select

38=CHANG,10A7E9,25

Default=0

[11]

Name=P1 Character 4 Select

2=Maxima,10A7E8,01

Default=0

This file is called kof2001.dat, and is in the cheat folder. However, when I run KOF2001 in Kawaks or the 2001 alternate said, I get a "no cheats for this game" message. What am I doing wrong?

:(

Just a guess, maybe you need to renumber the sections starting from 0.

Sorry, I'm still rather noob to this (I just recently learned how to use the macros!).

Could you, or someone explain this, step-by-step. For example, this is how I explained how to use Dip Switches in Kawaks. Something using baby steps like the following.

In my example, I will be using KOF 2003, with the DIP to make your character invincible:

1) Open up Kawaks.

2) Click File, Load game. Select KOF 2003 from the list. You must already have KOF2003 in the rom folder. Please don't ask where to find the rom online. Just be sure you have the zipped file in the rom folder of Kawaks (must stay zipped).

3) Once it has loaded, you can then enter the DIP. I usually select my options, and wait until after I have selected my fighters before enter the dips, but you can enter it whenever. Click Game, Neo Geo Settings. Then Click Neo Geo Game Debug Switches. A little window will pop up called NeoGeo Debug dips. On the left will be 1 and 2. On the top will be 1 through 8.

4) The invincible DIP for 03 is 1-7. To input this into the window, go to row 1, and then to 7 (on top). Click on this box to check it, and enable this dip. Push Ok.

I realize this is probably making this seem -very- basic, but when I help someone, I try to make sure there is no misunderstandings. If someone can explain how to set the cheats in such a manner, I will appreciate it. Oh, and if anyone wants to use that DIP, feel free to do so! I can also provide for 01 - 03, and Crouch Tiger, if anyone wants a partial list.

:(:D

Ok. I think I got it. This is the "For Mentally Challenged Noobs" out there, of which I am a proud member!

:D

1) Copy the list of cheats into a blank notepad document.

2) File, save as "kof2001.dat" YOU MUST PUT THE NAME IN QUOTES, AND INCLUDE .dat IN THE NAME WHEN YOU SAVE AS!

3) Place Default=0 after the cheat you want to use.

For example:

[8]

Name=P1 Character 1 Select

0=Off,0,0

1=k,10A7E7,00

2=Maxima,10A7E7,01

3=WHIP,10A7E7,02

4=LIN,10A7E7,03

5=KYO,10A7E7,04

6=Benimaru,10A7E7,05

7=DAIMON,10A7E7,06

8=SHINGO,10A7E7,07

9=IORI,10A7E7,08

10=VANESSA,10A7E7,09

11=SETH,10A7E7,0A

12=RAMON,10A7E7,0B

13=LEONA,10A7E7,0C

14=RALF,10A7E7,0D

15=CLARK,10A7E7,0E

16=HEIDERN,10A7E7,0F

17=TERRY,10A7E7,10

18=ANDY,10A7E7,11

19=JOE,10A7E7,12

20=MARRY,10A7E7,13

21=Ryo,10A7E7,14

22=Robert,10A7E7,15

23=Yuri,10A7E7,16

24=Takuma,10A7E7,17

25=KING,10A7E7,18

26=MAI,10A7E7,19

27=HINAKO,10A7E7,1A

28=XIANGFEI,10A7E7,1B

29=KULA,10A7E7,1C

30=FOXY,10A7E7,1D

31=K9999,10A7E7,1E

32=ANHEL,10A7E7,1F

33=ATHENA,10A7E7,20

34=KENSUU,10A7E7,21

35=CHIN,10A7E7,22

36=BAO,10A7E7,23

37=MAY LEE,10A7E7,27

38=KIM,10A7E7,24

39=ZERO,10A7E7,28

40=CHOI,10A7E7,26

41=CHANG,10A7E7,25

42=IGNIS,10A7E7,29

Default=0

4) In Kawaks, Click Game, Cheats. The Cheat option will appear.

5) Select P1 Character Select from the Left side, and then pick who you want from the right side. Eg, Click Igniz, and he will be your first character. When you come to the character select, all of your characters will already be selected (or at least those you preselected).

And this is how it works!

BTW, although I was playing in the "alternate set," it appears that once you get to Original Zero, with both bosses, and possibly just one, the game freezes. Can you beat the game with the bosses, getting an edit ending, or will it always freeze?

Haggar's site doesn't have a listing for this game in his cheat files.

I'm looking to enable the 2 bosses. Anyone got this file?

Ok. Hopefully no one's getting too annoyed with me asking all these questions, but I have another set.

What is Trance referring to "Haggar's site." Where can I find, either posts or sites with various Neo-Geo (Kawaks) cheats. I google Neo Geo as well as King of Fighters cheats, and all I can find are links to Game Faqs, and other gaming sites talking about stuff such as a Playstation version. Linx, pwease?

Ok. So now bosses from 94 - 03 are now available! I did not create any of these, I am just putting everything in one central location, so that no other noobs will become as annoying as me!

94 - 97, 99 - 00 via DIPS, minus Orochi.

98: Set Kawaks to Console. Put the cursor over Rugal, push Start, and Boss Rugal is available!

2002: Go to Yashiro, and push left, or Goro, and push down, and Boss Rugal is available!

Dips (read my above post, fellow noobs, if you need help on how to use DIPs):

94:

1-4, 2-6 Play as Rugal. Enter the Dip codes during the "How To Play." Then, press Up during character select to choose him. Note: During "Team Order" with Rugal, you can choose to be "Full Powered" by pushing left or right, and he will stop moving. Push A. Do this again to "select your second player." If you mess up, and you loose as normal Rugal, you'll go into the change and then fight as "Full Powered."

95:

1-3 Allows you to play as Saishu Kusanagi and Omega Rugal. Notes: For code 1-3 to play as Saishu and Rugal you need to enter the Dip Code on the 'How To Play' screen. Once you've selected Saishu and Rugal, Turn the Dip off.

96:

1-3 Disable timer, Display coordinates and Goenitz and Chizuru now selectable. (Notes:To make the code for Goenitz and Chizuru work, You need to turn on the Dip at the 'How To Play' screen. You can either leave this on or off for the extras features this dip offers.)

97:

1-3 Unlocks Orochi Chris, Shermie, Yashiro, Iori & Leona. Notes:For code 1-3 to play as the Orochi characters, you need to enter the Dip Code on the 'How To Play' screen. Once you've selected your team, Turn the Dip off.

For Orochi, download the Cheat File from http://wzus.ask.com/r?t=p&d=us&s=a.../emulation.html

For me, all I did was unzip kof97.dat, so that I could use Orochi, who's my fave boss!

99:

1-3 Stops timer, Play as Krizalid + 2-3 Human player is invincible, Play as Krizalid

Notes: To play as either versions of Krizalid you have both Dips 1-3 and 2-3 turned on at the 'How to Play Screen'. Once you're on the player select screen, Highlight either K' or Maxima, Press and Hold Start and then press any button to get version 1 of Krizalid or press and hold select then press any button to play as version 2. Once you have selected him, Turn the Dips off and resume normal play. FYI: Select refers to whatever key you have in Kawaks as "Insert Coin." I usually have 1 (above Q) for start, and 2 (above W) as Select/Insert Coin.

00:

1-3 Play as Zero. Notes: To play as Zero you need to have Dip 1-3 on when you're on the player select screen. When this is on, Highlight Kula Diamond, Hold Start and press down to select Zero. Once you have selected him, Turn the Dip off.

01: Already covered in this Topic!

03:

Go here http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...w=&st=&

There you go! When future versions of KOF become available, please post the methods to pick those bosses, if it's via DIPs, Holding Start on a character, or a Cheat! I want to thank everyone who's helped, been patient, and provided links!

• 5 months later...

What is Trance referring to "Haggar's site."

http://haggar.pocketheaven.com/index.php?files=8

If you find other cheats you may post them here.

While I never use cheats in Kawaks (and rarely anywhere else), I'm sure others will appreciate it.

Woosh, woosh! (I recall some version of Joe Higashi saying that...)

:banghead:

Well, for me, the main reason I want these cheats is so I can play as the bosses! Ever since Akuma became a secret playable character, and later, Ryo in Fatal Fury Special, I've always loved the hidden/boss characters!

:lol:

Glad this is still here! My pc got zapped, and it turns out I didn't back my newer Kwaks and codes. This is a life saver!

:ph34r:

• 1 year later...