Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Snes or Genesis?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Snes or Genesis?

Snes or Genesis?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Diso

Diso

Poppy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,145 posts
Click to view battle stats
Hmm...let's see

Snes = FF

Genesis = Shining forces

hmmmmmmmm.
I'll go with Genesis. It had some of my favorite games such as Shining force and Sonic :wink:

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,450 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
To be honest I HATED the Genesis. The controller stunk and the games to me stunk. The only game(s) that would were good for it in my opinion was the Sonic and Hedgehog Series. Otherwise I didn't enjoy it at all. :wink:

As for the Super Nintendo, that would have to be one of my favorite systems ever. Great games, and lots of great times. I remember when I got NBA Live '96 as I have said before and I still say its the best basketball game ever excluding my second favorite basketball game NBA JAM TE (for snes as well). Plus we have WWF WrestleMania "THE ARCADE GAME", Mortal Kombat Series, Mario Series, just non stop awesome games. :D

hairytash

hairytash

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 199 posts
Genesis - More into sports games than anything else although I do agree the standard gamepad was a nightmare, - so many thumb blisters.
But with an Arcade Power Stick - It was king. I still have the stick, I just wish it had more buttons and could be used on PC like it could on an Amiga

ME!

ME!

I Hate You

• Premium Members
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:Don't ask! I dont want to freak you out.
i vote the snes as my favorite system...next to the nes ofcourse. the snes had better quality games compared to the genesis. nintendo's mission was to create a better system than the genesis, and they succeeded in my opinion. :wink:

DreamCastLover

DreamCastLover

ĐR€ĹMÇŧT ]v[ŘD

• Premium Members
  • 891 posts
Man this is a tough question. I would have to say Snes although I love the genesis nearly as much. Both systems have lots of excellent games.

Interestingly enough, the Megadrive/Genesis thrashed the Snes over here. The Super nintendo was never really a contender in europe at all.

JuMeSyn

JuMeSyn

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Shining Force Series, Rpgs, Movies, Emu and Isos stuff
Genesis beacuse of the Sonic and Shinobi series.

stjames

stjames

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 116 posts
This is a tough choice, but I have to go with the SNES. I really like Metroid, Castlevania, and the Final Fantasy games. Plus, Sega pissed me off with the CD rom. Just compare Prince of Persia on Sega CD to Prince of Persia on SNES. The SNES version kicked a@@ compared to Sega CD's version.

COCOPUFFS

COCOPUFFS

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 9 posts
definatly SNES. it had more games that i cared about, my geneises has been setting in the attic for years, while my SNES is still pluged into a tv. that alone should tell which one i like better.

loay

loay

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 214 posts
snes is good (donky kong)

solidius23

solidius23

The Cult of Personality

• 2,861 posts
SNES definatly super punchout alone kicks any genesis ass super nes was way head of its time,not to mention we have the snes to thank for playstion!!!!

Vetes

Vetes

Novice

• Members
  • 21 posts
I loved the Genesis when it first came out. Only within the last year have I learned that the SNES is far more superior to the Genesis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users