Has the FBI came to your door and asked if you have roms?

Alpha

The "musad" (The israely FBI) came to my place looking for roms, but it only found burnd CD's, so it left [icon_biggrin.gif]

Your joking right? :lol:

PS: I thought you were on Vacation, if you came back, Welcome Back! 8)

• 7 months later...

Well,The 1st Time I Was scared Still,The Stupid Argreement make Me Deleted My Almost Complete Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets For GBA.Was About To Finish The Basillik And When Then Deleted It.Preety Stupid To Belive That.

This is a preety old thread.. since now of days it could kind of happen. But much differently.. your ISP would be notified and you'd probabally get something in the mail. But the chances of it are very slim since so many people have roms and stuff. They'd also need solid proof and evidence, so they'd have to have a way to see what you have in your pc either by Kazaa or something which I'm still wondering why it ain't illegal. :D:D

The have to catch you red handed and formatting won't help, at all. They can retrieve info even 5-7+ formats later.

The best solution where there is no way they can get proof? Keep a magnet somewhere where you can easily reach it. The moment you see cops or whatever just place the magnet on your comp or better yet as close to your HD as possible. Your HD is fried and there is no way they can retrieve the info.

The have to catch you red handed and formatting won't help, at all. They can retrieve info even 5-7+ formats later.

The best solution where there is no way they can get proof? Keep a magnet somewhere where you can easily reach it. The moment you see cops or whatever just place the magnet on your comp or better yet as close to your HD as possible. Your HD is fried and there is no way they can retrieve the info.

Oh that wasn't a cop, that was uncle Billy!!! Looks at his PC now :D

crap

you could always burn your roms and hide them safely. And I do believe the FBI does track ppl down, but I think all they track down is the webmaster and hosts of romsites, not the downloaders.

Sorry if I sounded like a cop or something, its just my theory

If you're hecka paranoid why not burn in a CDR, delete and then recopy back.

and has there been any cases where the netpolice or FBI came to their house?

:(