Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[HOW TO] Getting Mugen To Work With Windows XP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,451 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
Click to view battle stats
Mugen under Windows XP

Download Mugen For Windows / Dos:

http://www.mgbr.net/...en/mug10414.zip

Credits: http://www.mgbr.net/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Step - GRAPHICS
To run Mugen on Windows XP you have to change a mugen file. Inside the folder DATA (inside mugen main folder) exist a file named mugen.cfg, open it with notepad.

Search for the key [video], you will find something like:

[Video] ;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here. ;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems ;You may want to try 640x480. Width = 320 Height = 240  

Change the values to:

Width = 640 Height = 480  

Scroll down some lines in the same file and you will find:

;Choose from "1" for VESA1, "Linear" or "Banked" for VESA2, and "3" for ;VESA3.  
;Note: VESA1 is very slow on certain video cards, especially the newer  
;ones. "Linear" or "3" is usually the fastest for new cards. ;Default is "Linear". Vesamode = Linear  

change the value to:

Vesamode = 1  

Now close the file (don't forget to save) and you are ready to run mugen under Windows XP.

Step 2 - SOUND
Warning: This is a optional step, first check to see if the sound already works, if it does then skip this step, if it doesn't, please proceed.

To make sound work in mugen you have to edit the file autoexec.nt (located at c:windowssystem32) with notepad.

Just go to the last line of your autoexec.nt file and insert this line:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H7 P330 T6

Save the file, reboot your system, and now you have sound in your mugen, have fun.

Vetes

Vetes

Novice

• Members
  • 21 posts
Thanks Gamecop, now I can actually play Mugen. Also, do you know how to let me play my propad 6 controller on the game. I tried to configure it in options but it wouldn't let me do it.

Alpha

Alpha

• Admin
  • 7,451 posts
Some controllers just don't work unfortunatelly.
Usually the old ones work the best. :wink:

Vetes

Vetes

Novice

• Members
  • 21 posts
My controller is pretty old actually. I definitely want another controller to play mugen with though.

Alpha

Alpha

• Admin
  • 7,451 posts

My controller is pretty old actually. I definitely want another controller to play mugen with though.

Hmm.. thats odd then. Sorry I have no clue. However a new controller might just do it too. But I got a preety old controller myself and it works just fine. :roll:

alexis

alexis

Argentina Football Ownz

• Ultra Members
  • 1,735 posts
yes you can play with your gamepad, you have to download a proggie called joytokey that allows you to asign certain keyboard keys to your joystick, that´s the way

get the proggie here http://hp.vector.co....ey/english.html

maybe some time soon i will post about getting good sound on xp =)
you can also visit planetmugen it is in spŕnish but it´s tutorials to run mugen on xp are great even better than the ones from mugenbr

Sandwich

Sandwich

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts
I changed it to 1 and it still says it can't change video settings.

alexis

alexis

Argentina Football Ownz

• Ultra Members
  • 1,735 posts
my advice is use the frontend i mention in many topics here, just browse through the it is called mugen windows configurator

kaz

kaz

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts
;) stupid mugen will not work is there any version that i need that will work better because all i get is a black screen and then it looks like the matrix but pink. B)

Edited by kaz, 07 November 2003 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users