Fix the Arcade

Madman

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh so I did find this topic already submitted... What is the deal with arcade? I joined on October 7 2007, and so I never seen what was in there. What was in there, and why is it gone. Also, if it isn't coming back... why is there a button for it still?

it was like little flash games. not all that exciting, if I remember correctly they had leaderboards and the high scorer had it in his profile. or something like that.

Oh flash games.... I only ever liked a couple of the ones I played, Like that chopper, or helicopter... what was it.... kinda like metal slug, meets flash.

Anyway, screw that... No offense, but they provably sucked. But if they didn't .... bring 'em back.

Oh flash games.... I only ever liked a couple of the ones I played, Like that chopper, or helicopter... what was it.... kinda like metal slug, meets flash.

Anyway, screw that... No offense, but they provably sucked. But if they didn't .... bring 'em back.

I believe there were some classics like pac-man and galaga. but it was way bloated with stupid stuff.

We had over 200-500 games to choose from, if I remember right. Sure, there were quite a few crappy games, but there were also a lot fun games. The arcade has been down since August of 2007 if I remember correctly, but I think I'm way off, since it feels a lot longer.

At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the arcade.

edit: The time this thread was made, the arcade was working. The original poster is complaining about a specific game or problem within the arcade not working.

why not whittle it down to say 50-75 good ones and reopen.

Also, make it only for premium members. At least, we won't have those that posted for 10 posts then just stay in the arcades always

There was already a 35 or 50 post limit at the time the arcade was online to prevent that. 100 posts for arcade access is a bit much IMO.

why not whittle it down to say 50-75 good ones and reopen.

That would piss off all the high scorers like Jaegermeister who had to have a high score in every game. I think I may have exaggerated with 500 games, but it sure was over a 100. Starting fresh can sometimes kill the extravaganza that made it famous.

edit: I double posted. Don't copy me. :peopleseybrow: