Cartridge Vs. CD

Alpha

What do you like better?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I myself still love cartridges the best. Especially my n64 games, since there is no loading in just about all of the games!! If CD's had no loading, my vote would be on it, but the voting just gets to the extreme sometimes.

One example:

WWF Attitude For PSX ( 2-5 Minutes of Loading )

WWF Attidude For N64 ( NO LOADING )

So whats your vote, cartridge or cd?

Carts are the best not only for the reason you stated Gamecop, but also because theyre easier to clean.

Get a dirty cart or connection and it just needs a wipe with a cotton bud - but get a dirty lens and in my experience you can never really clean it properly just prolong its life a little, innevitably it needs replacing.

This is especially true if you are a smoker or live in a smoking household.

The only point in favour of CDs is the size - easier for storage.

Believe it or not, I actually prefer Cds. Cds are easier to obtain and they have their own separate cases. CDs tend to have better and funner gameplay then cartridges b/c cartidges have limited space, but CDs dont. The only problems with CDs is that they can get scratched, broken, data loss, etc, But thats why they made the CD burner right ? :lol:

Cartridges. They add more wieght to the package so it "feels" like you are getting more.

Plus, if you get mad at the game you can throw them and even if the shell breaks you can still play the game :lol:

Plus, if you get mad at the game you can throw them and even if the shell breaks you can still play the game  8)

exactly dude! :? CARTS ALL THE WAY!!!!!! with cds...and dvds for that matter, i always feel as if im going to break them of scratch them, etc. i treat them like they are made out of gold or something. you should see me, im such a weener! :lol: i'll sit there and blow and blow on the cd til there is not one single speck of dust, to the point where im about to pass out. then i'll do the same to the inside of the console, cd drive, whatever. it takes me about ten minutes in all before i am able to play the game! :lol: i think i need to join a support group or something. :?:lol:

Plus, if you get mad at the game you can throw them and even if the shell breaks you can still play the game  :o

exactly dude! :D CARTS ALL THE WAY!!!!!! with cds...and dvds for that matter, i always feel as if im going to break them of scratch them, etc. i treat them like they are made out of gold or something. you should see me, im such a weener! :lol: i'll sit there and blow and blow on the cd til there is not one single speck of dust, to the point where im about to pass out. then i'll do the same to the inside of the console, cd drive, whatever. it takes me about ten minutes in all before i am able to play the game! :) i think i need to join a support group or something. :D:lol:

lmao :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

you can have a game on a limitless amount of CDs but i dont know any game on two carts so on a cart if something dont fit in they will remove it. most importantly u can mircowave cds and make a cool lighting effect in your microwave (if you dont care about your face too much)! so in conclusion i would say i am for carts. (loading times really tick me off) :roll::P