qoob pro install gone wrong?

Hello, I just installed a qoob pro on my version c cube and have run into problems. I flashed the chip using the v 13 bios and then tried playing an original game RE4. When I power up the cube, the disc doesn't spin and all I get is the default screen where it has the options to set the date and view your memory card and such. I can see that the led on the chip is on and when I read the chip using the software it says that it has the bios installed on the first box. Any suggestions? Do I need to flash the chip with anything else besides the bios? I can't find much information. Your help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

NO I don't get the qoob menu, I only get the default option menu screen. The disc doesn't spin either. Even after I reset. When I go to game options with a disc inside, I only get a question mark and it says insert game cube disc.

thanks

So am I understanding you when I say that you are only getting to the original Gamecube bios?

If thats the case, there is a problem with either your E or F wires. Since the LED is coming on, your +5v is ok. It might be possible one of the other wires is loose, but I'd bet on E or F (Check the install diagram).

P.S. You haven't had to hold any button down to boot an original with any bios revision beyond 1.0 RC5.

• Robert locked this topic