Old Pro patch for FBA-XXX

+ T +

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i was playing some samsho5 special, Messed around with some of the codes and got a ram error. Turned off all codes and reset the rom, still had the same black screen with a ram error. Exited the rom, played samsho4 with no problems then tryed samsho5sp again. It worked but some of the graphics where screwy. Reset my box, booted up fba and everything worked like a charm.

*Edit: Hmm.... it seems that my mamedox can now see and load the new roms (mslug4,5 samsho5 ect)... but they dont run. it lists them correctly and and knows whats supposed to be in the zip... but how ?

Edited by BurnerAzR

PATCH UPDATED:

- Fixed a problem where non-working parent sets were always at the top of the ROM list.

- Some minor ROM updates.

- Added driver for kof10thu. *not tested*

- Added driver for kof2k4se. *not tested*

The two new drivers I just threw in on the off-chance that they'll work without any special modifications. I haven't tested them because I don't have time to hunt down the necessary ROMs. Let me know if they work or not.

Hey +T+ i found a couple of bugs mainly a cracking sound bug when after loading certin neo geo (not sure about CPS1/CPS2) games. Also I cant find my SF2Turyu rom on the list again. Also did you take out KOF2k1 Plus? Im just wondering why if it was a compatablity problem or what. Also do you have the KF2K2SPR rom in the bulid? Thank you for your continuing work in the Xbox Emulation scene.

Hey +T+ i found a couple of bugs mainly a cracking sound bug when after loading certin neo geo (not sure about CPS1/CPS2) games. Also I cant find my SF2Turyu rom on the list again. Also did you take out KOF2k1 Plus? Im just wondering why if it was a compatablity problem or what. Also do you have the KF2K2SPR rom in the bulid? Thank you for your continuing work in the Xbox Emulation scene.

Is the sound issue just with the Pro build or does it happen in FBA-XXX also?

SF2 Touryu is missing because I only updated the Neo-Geo drivers in these newer builds. Everything else is the same as FBA-XXX. I'll include it in the next update.

kof2k1pls was removed because it's a suspected ROM hack. FBA-XXX Pro only supports genuine bootlegs.

I've not heard of kf2k2spr. If it isn't a ROM hack and you can provide a driver then I'll gladly put it in the next build on a *not tested* basis. :D

FBA Plus (the PC emu) had a couple of bootlegs that wasnt in this FBA XXX Pro bulid, KF2K2SPR was one of the roms supported in the emu. When I get the new FBA XXX Pro I get the newest bulid of FBA XXX and then immediatly upgrade to Pro I just stop messing with the standard XXX bulid cuz your bulid supports roms that are not in the regular XXX bulid. Im not sure what caused the scrachy sound problem. I loaded games like KOF 2003, or SVC Chaos and then load something like Waku Waku 7 and you will hear this awful scrachy sound in the background Im not sure if its with your bulid, gogo's bulid or its both.

FBA Plus (the PC emu) had a couple of bootlegs that wasnt in this FBA XXX Pro bulid, KF2K2SPR was one of the roms supported in the emu. When I get the new FBA XXX Pro I get the newest bulid of FBA XXX and then immediatly upgrade to Pro I just stop messing with the standard XXX bulid cuz your bulid supports roms that are not in the regular XXX bulid. Im not sure what caused the scrachy sound problem. I loaded games like KOF 2003, or SVC Chaos and then load something like Waku Waku 7 and you will hear this awful scrachy sound in the background Im not sure if its with your bulid, gogo's bulid or its both.

I've undone a little change I made to the last build. Re-download the patch and see if you still have sound issues.

I believe FBA Plus supports hacks as well as genuine bootlegs. As I said, I'm only interested in sets that come from actual boards.