The Sims 2 can make you a pedophile!

Idiotcy strikes again! (Full details at link)

thesims2200411211039433354pa.jpg

The Sims 2 is a "life simulator." In the game, players steer their digital beings around their cyberlives. Actions include everything from the spectacular (getting married, having children, receiving promotions at work) to the mundane (cooking microwaved meals, going to the bathroom, mopping the floor). Such activities, as in real life, sometimes require nudity. EA circumvents inappropriateness by "blurring" out the nether regions, almost to a comical sense.

Knowing that the game is popular among all ages, EA has even taken steps to ensure that Sims fans aren't exposed to indecent depictions. In the recent expansion pack, The Sims 2 University, gamers can send their teenage sims off to college. However, instead of packing the expansion with "keggers" and "reefer," EA chose to use juice and bubble blowers.

Thompson doesn't seem to care. He cites a cheat code that can remove the blur that covers the nether regions. "The nudity placed there by the publisher/maker, Electronic Arts, is accessed by the use of a simple code that removes what is called 'the blur' which obscures the genital areas. In other words, the game was released to the public by the manufacturer knowing that the full frontal nudity was resident on the game and would be accessed by use of a simple code widely provided on the Internet."

Unlike GTASA. The Sims IS a truely moddable game.

On the other hand, I've never taken a liking to the Sims, but if it is a life simulator, might as well have everything eh?

Still I just can't get into the game, so who cares.

The larger issue is at stake here, not the individual. I could care less about Hot Coffee since it was lame anyway. But if people start attacking user created content then that's not a good thing.

Thompson is a class act opportunist and shit head. He'll the ambulance chaser of the game industry. ^_^