E3's Last Day

Welp, the show floor is just clearing up and here are some of the highlights of today and late yesterday.

City of the Dead Trailer

Fatal Frame 3 (F*CK YES!)

Burnout Legend for PSP

The Call of Cthulhu: Destiny's End (Cthulhu!)

Interview with Yuji Horii of Dragon Quest (IGN)

Falcoon Interview with IGN

Interview with Tatsuya Minami by IGN

Coded Arms Interview with Gamespy

Interview with Kojima at 1up and Gamespot.

Gamespot has a handful of video interviews all ready for streaming.

Interview with Yoshinori Yamagishi by Gamespy

G4TechTV's Interview with REGGIE

G4TechTV's Interview with Jack Trentton

G4TechTV's Interview with Miyamototototototoototot

Clips of various booths at E3 from GT

Interview with Phantasy Star Universe's Director @ 1up.

And my fave qoate from 1up's interview with Kojima-san is

During lunchtime among the team, now it's a big joke, because everytime someone sees a cardboard box, everyone just shoots the rocket launcher and destroys everything.

There was some awesome things this year. From Pre-Rendered goodness to CG Quality-gameplay. And Zelda.

Boothbabes got a little nicer. But nothing beats those DOA girls from the past.

other then hearing about the new consoles and a handful of games, e3 was a non-event for me.

Well now that it's over, I'll give my overall impressions.

Best next-gen console: XBOX 360. Why? So far, it has the kind of games I enjoy the most such as Quake IV, Prey, and Call of Duty 2. Will I get it? Definitely not at launch. But if I were to get a console, this would be it. Nintendo didn't show enough of the Revolution to form any opinion on it though it has the best design. Sony showed impressive tech demos but in the end, tech demos are tech demos and they've done such a thing before.

Best PC hardware: AGEIA PhysX card. It will do wonders for games if it is properly supported and utilized. What sucks is that it will cost around $250-300. I'll only be getting one if there are plenty of games that use it and lacking it would cause a huge difference in gameplay.

Best next-gen console game: Gears of War. This game just looks badass.

Best PC game: Prey. The portals and unique gravity changing gameplay just seems really fun and cool. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see video for Spore or Alan Wake so I can't really judge them. Seeing screenshots and reading what other people had to say isn't enough, I need to see the game in motion to get a feel of it.

Biggest travesty: Taxi Driver the game. Wow, that game looks like garbage and is ruining one of my favorite movies.

This year was interesting, and a HUGE step up from last year, so I'm happy.

The next-gen consoles all flexed nuts, but none had anything really worth showing yet. The trailers were all pretty, and they managed to make their titles look cool without any concrete info, but that's about it. In the end, all we've really learned is what they'll look like, that WANs are in, and that we're leaving the wires behind.

The games started to pique my interest again this year - with some innovative new titles and the promising return of some old favorites. While a few still cling to bad habits, many developers are adding much-needed polish to proven formulas, experimenting in little ways with new ideas, or finally letting classics shine in their own naked nostalgia.

While far from a year of revolution, there was definately a subtle feeling of progress on the floor at this year's E3.

Well, like last year, I cheered on the new LoZ title like the gay fanboy I am. Even more so that the 360 has a handful of things I like/love. Getting it at launch all depends on the titles accessable at the time.

Nintendo still pushing up the DS, which is a good thing seeing how I'm getting one very soon. PSP still showed off nothing important other then being pretty. The next-gen consoles were impressive, but like gryph said about Sony, tech demos in the end are just tech demos. There needed to be more Revolution stuff, but I guess I gotta wait till Space World, if there is one this year. Or maybe one of them japanese game trade shows. Random information, Imoya used both PS2 and Xbox builds of the games coming over. The games showed on PS2 will be appearing on Xbox and not the PS2 once they reach state side. (SSV and Nowave for example).

Very interesting things this year. I like how they bumped up security too. I hope on going next year with Ed.