Arcade@Home Is Dieing Slowly.... :(

Alpha

DAM!!!

Im really pissed of now...

i had started typing some help for someone...quite long i had my head down as i was typing looked up and a stupid poncy greend advert was stareing at me...the frinking thing...it lets you start typing then rams an advert in;......i may be averting my time from that place shortly... :evil:  :D

hahah i used to get that all the time too...

i'd be looking down typing, but in the meantime a pop up had come into focus and meant i wasnt typing anything!!!!

grrrrrrrrrr

I soon got over it though.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ads are overwhelming in the A@H network linked along with ads in GeoShock, VGN, etc. To me, its just too much, when i first came to A@H, there were only banners (the top and the bottom) with no pop-up whatsover.. like now, its a hoard of Ads @ home. If this keep on continuing with more adding such as the side.. im leaving, There's no way of im browsing the site with having so much trash that it makes it inrealiable.

I remember when they served roms, besides that top 50 garbage.

When I would go there and find the best rated emulator.

Browse the current events.

With the roms gone, the adds came, the emulator section became moldy.

I was off looking for greener pastures.

Many a many Moon ago.

Wu Wu chug chug chug a chug

Hello Emuchina

Ads are overwhelming in the A@H network linked along with ads in GeoShock, VGN, etc.  To me, its just too much, when i first came to A@H, there were only banners (the top and the bottom) with no pop-up whatsover..  like now, its a hoard of Ads @ home. If this keep on continuing with more adding such as the side..  im leaving, There's no way of im browsing the site with having so much trash that it makes it inrealiable.

Wise words magnis and i conquer fully...

Lets ho-pe emulforums is around for ever because you can go back to place with your tail between your legs...

R I P Advert@home....maybe :?::D

• 2 weeks later...

The adverts are problematic.. especially on the A@H forum. Modern SQL-backended forums donteat enough bandwidth to matter. Im sure Teckel has added the adverts to balance what is expensive.. the downloads.

I Also agree that the A@H mods do not have enough power too be effective.-- Chaos Has several SIG mods (heh.. SIG... Am I showing my age again ??) three other admins, and two global mods that DO have power..

As a system admin I DONT have the time to sit on top of a forum 24/7 and frankly, neither does teckel.. He really should have a few trusted assistants to keep the forum going, and maybe one or two others to keep his downloads current. It would make his life easier as well as make the forum more balanced and enjoyable for all..

But, who Am I to complain ?? I am easily the least active moderator there.. I dont have as much time to dedicate to A@H, and, There is really nothing I, as a mod can do,save for wag a finger at what I dont like, and report it to Tim. but I digress. :)

no matter what the reason it would seem that timmah is applying the ads heavily. the only thing ive yet to see him use are those damn annoying flash ads that you popup stopper cant get rid off. As for the site well most of you know where i stand. ill continue to help with the psx till i get bored. sometimes all good things must come to an end.

Consider this...

TIMMAH!!

how long has he run the site?

Maybe he feels he has got all he can from it, maybe he has had enuff of emulation, he may even be thinking...

Well if im doing this all the time and im sick of it i may as well RAM ads in and see what happens if the site goes dead then f@k it.

Basecically he doesent care anymore thats what i think.

If he can make a buck wy not, but its insulting to say the least, if you came to my forums and as soon as clicked "register" and 8989089000000

gazzillion ads attacked you you would say "f@k dat" and go else ware,

Looks like you all hanging on to the past...

Also lets say in a year when arcade'home only has 4 frequent member, timmah decides what the hell ill take the adss down, you will all probablie go rushing back to arcade at home wont you?

Then he will sucker you again like the lambs to the slaghter.

Or maybe he wont it is just an opinion on the arcade at home buisness :lol:

I doubt that Tim wouldn't care about A@H. He works really hard on it, since he designed the Forum Attack System. However like I said billions of times, it must cut down on the advertisemints. Many people have already left A@H because of it, I just don't understand when Tim will really realize this. Since many say he makes around $180,000 a year US money on all of his hosted sites!

Greedynes has become a big problem in the emuscene.

The spirit of the emuscene has changed within the last 2-3 years.

Emuaddicted people have left the scene.

At the moment the scene is not exisiting for the fun of it, as it used to be, no, financial interest and prick comparement have taken over.

Example: On playgain.net we got offered a 8 pix sized link.

That is: A Link with font size 8 pix. Since when do people arrange links by fontsize ? This is hilarous.

Its resulting from the popularity the emu scene lately got due to articles in magazines and stuff, bringing a lot of lamers and jackasses to the scene.

People are hot on GBA and PSX and the emu scene is doing wrongby providing these. Sure, it brings people to our websites, but we are also getting deeper into the warez scene this way. And this reflects the style the websites are build these days.

Hell, i saw a ton of sites that only exist of friggin' Topsites links ! And these are linked everywhere.

They sure got heaps of traffic, when the same visitor gets the site as popup 5 times and each link is a topsites link.

The emuscene is parting. As a result of this assholery of the popular sites,

there will be a part of financial oriented sites soo, fooling the visitors.

The other part will be the ones who love the old games. These will have to hide more to not catch attention by the IDSA which is after the financial oriented sites offering on-sale games in first place.

As a result people will either loose interest in the emuscene, cause they cant find a way to the game-loveing heartly emuscene and are scared of by the popups and ads.

The other result will be, that the game loveing community will become a real friendly bunch of people knowing each other.

On the long term, taken the average age of current emugamers, they will leave the emuscene for several reasons when getting older. Family, Girlfriend, Work, these things take up a lot of time.

There are very very few people aged 25+ still active on the emuscene.

So when these active now, reach age 25+, we can foresee the emuscene suffering. Its really sad.

It started when emux.com left.

You couldn't have said it any better. Its absollutely true and its really screwing up the emuscene. I wouldn't be surpised if people would start calling emulation, warez. Because it really isn't. :lol: