Login to Account Create an Account
Arcade@Home Is Dieing Slowly.... :(
Posted 06 February 2003 - 03:48 AM
These Past 2 Years, Here is The Good & The Bad:
- Well mannered users compared to other forums most of the time.
- The Forum Attack Sytem really got people into A@H.
- It made many people come together and make more emulation sites and help the emulation scene.
- It still and always keeps us up to date with emulation news.
- There are really no restrictions on posting rom links and such.
- He has always helped EmulForums in ways that some people may never think of and I thank him for that.
- He really made a awesome emulation community, and no one can really can take that away from him.
- A@H has always been helpful with technical support on pc problems with emulators too.
- Nothing really never goes to the EXTREME there, and thats one reason why I am always there sTILL.
- Too many advertisements.
- Tim should have stopped the religion discussion before it got any worse, since many people were offended and left A@H.
- A@H should have updated emulators like they use too.
- These past months, everyone has been restricted in what they really want to say or express their thoughts.
- The Banning of Users has gone to the way extreme.
- A@H should find security fixes in their bulletin software and upgrade to the latest version.
- The Tower Ad on the right side of the forum should be removed.
- People should be able to speak their opinions on some things.
What A@H Needs To Do:
- Get some more moderators and give them more power.
- Tim should start trusting his own moderators that he currently has.
- The Forum Attack System should be removed if it causing SPAM problems.
- People should not be banned for explaining their thoughts on a topic.
- A@H should have no popups and scrollers, or tower ads. Only a banner ad should be acceptable, nothing else.
- If A@H wants to continue this, then some people or going to start leaving the forum, to be honest I never will, but this is not good if they want to keep this up.
- A@H should UNITE with their partner sites and not be ANTI-SOCIAL.
- A@H should upgrade to a new bulletin software or upgrade to VBulletin, for better perfomance and speeds.
- The BANNING should go to the low.
- A@H has to find a way to ban "SPOOFED" IP addresses.
Well speak your thoughts on this topic, since we have 2 already on A@H here on EmulForums. If Tim ever happens to read this thread, all I can say is A@H is my HOME and of course here, but its starting to irritate me at times, and I just wish it all the best for the upcoming years to come. I just want to be what it was before, and not what it is now, because the Current Affairs section is always packed with useless topics, we have to go back into Emulation Talk.
Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:09 AM
Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:21 AM
Sorry.... When there wore no adverts it was a top site...
now its just.....takeing the pee...
get rid of the ads im happy again.
Posted 06 February 2003 - 06:22 AM
Posted 06 February 2003 - 09:44 AM
Posted 07 February 2003 - 06:19 AM
so realy cannot speak my mind, I have none the less expressed my concern but in a subtle way, if you go around to other places there are some very nasty things said about Tim, I find it wrong because A@H has helped me a lot, I mean that. Maybe it will return to what it was, I have noticed lately than from the over 3000 members only about 25 constantly visit any more, I have seen darkcloud dissapear completely and Unforgiven only posts like once a month... well I agree with gamecop about the situation.
Posted 07 February 2003 - 07:57 AM
Posted 08 February 2003 - 06:15 PM
It may also have its problems..........
But is here anywhere better?
Posted 08 February 2003 - 07:40 PM
Its insulting what little intellegence i have
I mean whats the latest.....buy a volvo....
they just dont stop....
always get in the way of your typing....
Posted 09 February 2003 - 06:53 PM
Im really pissed of now...
i had started typing some help for someone...quite long i had my head down as i was typing looked up and a stupid poncy greend advert was stareing at me...the frinking thing...it lets you start typing then rams an advert in;......i may be averting my time from that place shortly...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users