Don't Get A Black Colored System!! ( GameCube, XBOX, PS2..)

Alpha

:idea: The TIP of The Day :idea:

I wanted to point this out to everyone. Don't ever get a black colored system or a computer. I am not rasis or anything, lol. Its because heat easily penetrates black colors. So if you get a black system and the sun is shining on it, you have more of a chance of it melting rather than from a light colored system. You may be wondering, well this has never happened to me before?? Lets just say its happened to me more than once. :oops: And believe me it stinks. Havn't you ever heard not to put a video cassette in the back of your car? Well... its happened to me and damn that thing melted like it was goo or something.

Don't want to sound mean.

But......

Any retard that lets their electronics sit in an area where the sun can beat down on them shouldn't have them in the first place.

The only pieces of electronics equipment I own that aren't black is my Gamecube and my Stereo. They are silver.

Even my PC is Black.

Don't want to sound mean.

But......

Any retard that lets their electronics sit in an area where the sun can beat down on them shouldn't have them in the first place.

The only pieces of electronics equipment I own that aren't black is my Gamecube and my Stereo. They are silver.

Even my PC is Black.

Well I am not a retard.. No retard can make a site like this. :idea::oops:

But its just a tip. :idea::)

mr. wizard says, "The darker a color is, the more light it absorbs. The lighter a color is, the more light it reflects." :idea::oops: but yeah, i agree. :idea:

Black is actually a decent colour for consoles and computers as long as you keep them away from sunlight. The reason being that as well as absorbing heat it also lets it escape a lot more efficiently. Then again you can always just use fan overkill heh

My tip would be to not have your console sat on the carpet. If you need to have it on the floor then sit it on top of a hardback book or something.

/me goes off to melt stuff

• 2 weeks later...

i actually have ALOT of black apliances including a pc, stereo, dvd player, tv, vcr, etc. the thing is, i live in a southern, tropical climate, so this would be an issue for me, that is, if i didnt keep ALL my windows drapped shut 24/7. light hurts. :idea: