Welcome Back to 1Emulation.Com v4.0 BETA!

It's been a long three excruciating, painful, torturous, hubalalablu three weeks. I hope that the forums are in perfectly working condition now. To all those who are upset we got hacked, please have no fear, as your passwords, and information are all secure and intact. Nothing as far as we know was stolen. Most of all, the hacker was unable to do much at all with security measures we had previously put on the server.

Miskie and I have been working day and night to get the forums upgraded and with all its little add-ons we had installed. The problems have been just piling up from the moment we started and thankfully we were able to figure most of them out. I promised you all the site would be up by the end of this week, and thankfully I was able to maintain that promise (after breaking a hundred promises before). Although I am still waiting for two support tickets to be answered, I hope these forums will live on without errors. Say your prayers and eat your vitamins!

Some things to quickly note:

- Arcade forums feature is gone, deleted. We may install it again in the future, but for now kiss it goodbye.

- Forum Attack System will be back next week. We need to get a few things sorted out first, but all in all, expect to see it again soon.

- Invision Board and IP.Blogs have both been upgraded. Have a look around and we hope you enjoy the new features.

- Brand new 1Emu v4 Designs will be here next week.

- Last 8 Posts / Today's Top Poster on forums index page will be back soon.

- Lastly, we will have a surprisingly new feature added in the coming days.

So that's about it to keep this post short. Again, we're sorry you all had to wait so long. We probably have lost quite a few members during our absence, but you can never rush upgrades. It is what it is and new members will continue to join.

Lastly, don't forget to thank Miskie for his countless hours of tech support and help to get the forums upgraded for us and in working order!

Again, welcome back. I'm going to go scream "Hooooooochi mama!" now and run to the nearest cliff. Good night all and see you in 10 weeks!

NOTE: Please report any errors you find in the forum in this thread. Hopefully you will find none.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops I posted my bugs in the staff forum.

Anyway the main one is that although the Arcade thread is sticked, it doesn't appear on the front page at all.

And I really need the FAS, the pain is like I imagine giving up heroin would be like..oooh

I'm not sure about this new feature, but I know GC talked about returning an old feature...

Miskie thanks for doing a good job.

What worries me is that GC will be gone for 10 weeks, how will anything get fixed?

I'm not sure about this new feature, but I know GC talked about returning an old feature...

Miskie thanks for doing a good job.

What worries me is that GC will be gone for 10 weeks, how will anything get fixed?

I will probably fix most of the stuff myself, but I still won't have really time to post or do anything further.

Thanks Miskie and GC. I don't know where to post my observations... so I'll do it here.

I tried to update my Avatar. It didn't update, but it shows the new pic when I try and set it again. It's in there... but didnt update on the forum... to reiterate. Also, when I try to upload my personal pic, which is a new feature, it plain doesnt take it. Says contact administrator.

OK, I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out my findings.

Looking good so far, any decision on what skin is going to be used for 1emulation now? I presume the former skin is unable to be used on the updated versions of IPB which is why it wasn't reinstalled.

I can't wait to see what unfolds in the coming days/weeks. :P

Thanks Miskie and GC. I don't know where to post my observations... so I'll do it here.

I tried to update my Avatar. It didn't update, but it shows the new pic when I try and set it again. It's in there... but didnt update on the forum... to reiterate. Also, when I try to upload my personal pic, which is a new feature, it plain doesnt take it. Says contact administrator.

OK, I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out my findings.

Personal picture should work now. I'm confused why your avatar didn't show when you uploaded it, as I just tested it myself, and it appears to be working fine. What browser are you using?

EDIT: Can anyone else confirm this avatar updating problem?